Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The 2nd version of my RSP hack that I published in post#358 appears to fix Stunt Racer 64, too. Stunt Racer 64 has the same ucode, or at least very resembling one. Good news! 3D is much better this time. I haven't tested much but the game appears to be close to playability. Geometry is perfect, while textures get distorted, but not too often.
    Use just the same settings and plugins (see post#358), but this time use Project 64 1.5 as an emulator. In fact it runs both in 1.4 and 1.5, but I still advise 1.5. In contrast to WDC, Stunt Racer won't boot in Project64 1.6 (even with interpreter CPU).
    Don't use my RSP with games other than these two. This plugin contains game-specific hacks, and other games will probably crash, sooner or later. Also I strongly advise you to backup your previous RSP.DLL.

Arghh...Emutalk still refuses to attach. Maybe Emutalk is against game-specific hacks?
    Last edited by angrylion; January 12th, 2008 at 19:03.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Double-posting is forbidden, but I have awesome news!
    World Driver Championship is fully playable with my 2nd RSP from post#358 and Project64 1.5! Use the same settings as for Stunt Racer 64, and also do the following. While in rom browser right-click on this game, select "Edit game settings" and set "CPU Core Style" field to Interpreter.
    My theory that the game has time to execute only a half of the ucode was wrong. It probably executes most of the ucode, then enters an infinite loop near the end, and my hack forces RSP to exit the loop, thus allowing the game to run. I think there is a bug in PJ64 1.6 that prevents Stunt Racer to boot and causes random crashes in WDC, so use Project64 1.5 for both games.
    Just like Stunt Racer, WDC's geometry is perfect, and texture corruption is slight.
    Enjoy and remember not to use my rsp.dll with any games besides these two.

EDIT: Version 3 gives an 80% speed boost. The link is in my 1st message (post#354).
    Last edited by angrylion; January 16th, 2008 at 05:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    good news angrylion!

super thanks for your work

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone had any success running this plugin with the linux version of Mupen64? I've managed to get it to run, (by disabling threading in v17, or with no mods to v15) and both give me a black window, with cpu usage maxed and no audio or other indication that anything is happening.

This is on an AthlonXP 3200, with a geforce 5500 so I'm guessing I should at least see or hear something.

Anyone got any ideas?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice! Will have a good play with it tomorrow, keep up the dev

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I don't know if or when you'll get this, ziggy, but I downloaded the source for the plugin and tried to put it together. My question is, what program were you using to write the plugin? I've tried VS and Dev-C++. Dev comes up with an error in its own makefile, and VS just isn't allowing "stdint.h" (I hear that's because the stupid people at MS decided to remove support for the C99 standard from Visual C++...) Any suggestions?

Last edited by Molokai; February 6th, 2008 at 07:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molokai View Post
    Well, I don't know if or when you'll get this, ziggy, but I downloaded the source for the plugin and tried to put it together. My question is, what program were you using to write the plugin? I've tried VS and Dev-C++. Dev comes up with an error in its own makefile, and VS just isn't allowing "stdint.h" (I hear that's because the stupid people at MS decided to remove support for the C99 standard from Visual C++...) Any suggestions?
    Don't know if this will help but here's a VC++ stdint.h http://msinttypes.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/stdint.h and a related inttypes.h http://msinttypes.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/inttypes.h

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it known?
    Star Wars battle for naboo and Indiana Jones works with 1964 0.8.5.
    That's very unstable but GFX are correct.

z64-r17
    Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP2
    rsp-pj64-ziggy-r4 set Interpreter

Core setting default is fine.
    change force_swap = 0 to 1

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Confirmed. Thank you for testing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelta View Post
    Core setting default is fine.
    No, I think "CPU Emulator" should be set to "Interpreter". It resolved most stability issues for me.

You can download screenshots of these 2 games running in 1964 here:
    http://w13.easy-share.com/1700026082.html

P.S. Will they ever fix attachments at emutalk.net?
    Last edited by angrylion; April 3rd, 2008 at 07:31.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrylion View Post
    No, I think "CPU Emulator" should be set to "Interpreter". It resolved most stability issues for me.
    I obtained the same result, too.
    thanks your info.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast