What's new

Z64 - a LLE graphics plugin

olivieryuyu

Rogue Squadron works up until the title screen when it crashes - the bits prior to the crash though look superb.

For me if a game doesn't work I set the RSP plugin to process audio lists or vice versa (for some reason that tends to work).

Same for Indiana Jones :) crash when the menu must show up :-(

Knuckles

all I know now is that my Ati Radeon M6 32MB doesn't support it :p

instant-crash on 1964 and PJ64 on my laptop....not home right now... can't wait to test it ;)

da1writer

How is everyone getting this to work?
What dll's do I need?
I downloaded the Win attachments (extracted them) and put them in the directories I believe they should be in but I keep getting an error whenever I try to open a game like Goldeneye,etc.

Grabbed:
R10
R2
Glew

Specs:
Amd64 X2 4800+
Windows XP Pro
Geforce 7800 GTX

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, glew into windows\system32. RSP & Plugin into plugin directory. Select rsp & plugin with mupen and away you go.
For Pj, you're supposed to rename the rsp to rsp.dll and switch it with pj's default rsp. Then select plugin and it should work.
That's all.

Knuckles

It's nice to see sky in Perfect Dark and the blur effect from fists, N-bomb and tranquilizer.

nice :)

But of course... it's slow...

Last edited:

Flash

Technomage
g++ `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs` -o tester rsp_dasm.o tester.o -g -rdynamic -lGL -lGLU -lGLEW -L/usr/X11R6/lib /usr//lib/libglui.a -lglut `freetype-config --libs` -lftgl `sdl-config --libs` -lz -fomit-frame-pointer
tester.o: In function `main':
/usr/tmp/CompileMOO/z64-r10/tester.cpp:172: undefined reference to `dlopen'
/usr/tmp/CompileMOO/z64-r10/tester.cpp:174: undefined reference to `dlopen'
/usr/tmp/CompileMOO/z64-r10/tester.cpp:175: undefined reference to `dlerror'
/usr/tmp/CompileMOO/z64-r10/tester.cpp:177: undefined reference to `dlsym'
/usr/tmp/CompileMOO/z64-r10/tester.cpp:178: undefined reference to `dlsym'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tester] Error 1

OP
Z

ziggy

Ok, it fails to build a tester application, instead of "make" do "make z64gl.so z64-rsp.so" to build only the plugins.

OP
Z

ziggy

Rogue Squadron works up until the title screen when it crashes - the bits prior to the crash though look superb.

For me if a game doesn't work I set the RSP plugin to process audio lists or vice versa (for some reason that tends to work).

I'm still unable to start Rogue Squadron or Indiana Jones. What emulator exactly are you using and which rsp plugin ?

Trotterwatch

For Rogue Squadron

rsp-pj64-ziggy-r2-win32 > as RSP
Last version of the plugin
PJ64 1.6 as the emulator
Jabos Dsound 1.6 for audio

Settings for rom, Recompiler mode, protect memory, 4mb, everything else defaults (these may not be optimal, just what works for me)
RSP setting > alists and dlist boxes both unchecked

You can also get it to run with Alists checked but for me that entails settings CF to 5 or above (otherwise it instantly crashes).

olivieryuyu

For Indy i used 1964 and it works until menu, crash after.

I got the same result than Trotterwatch for Rogue Squadron, a very nice intro :)

OP
Z

ziggy

Thanks, what is CF ?

EDIT : forget it, found the option :)

EDIT2 : ok, I managed to have Rogue Squadron work somehow, using Pj64 v1.7 and then doing a savestate after the first screen, I then load it up in Pj64 1.6, I'm still stuck with Indy however.

Olivieryuyu, would you be ok to send me a savestate of Indy shortly after is has booted ?

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

One more of Indiana Jones - decided to try and enter the cheat code to see if any levels loaded. Several of them go to the pre-game screen, none seem to go into a playable game (not that I expected that, but just checking for curiosities sake).

OP
Z

ziggy

Ok, thanks for the savestate , unfortunatly , I still can't see anything. There must be something wrong in my settings of the emulator but I don't see what (and I'm not very familiar with Project64)

On the other hand, I've managed to go further in Rogue Squadron under Mupen64. The trick was to load a savestate to skip the first screen, because Mupen hangs on this. For that I had to do a pj64 savestate loader in mupen. It works well, so now I get the intro, I enter the menu, and then when I want to start a game , I can go up to the point of the starwar 3D text scroller , but unfortunatly at this point mupen doesn't recognize any input from the controller anymore. The game isn't crashed, it's just I can't go beyond that point since the "start" button is ignored.

That's an annoying very rare bug of mupen64, sometimes the controller inputs don't work anymore (the only other game where I noticed that is Donkey Kong 64, I suspect it's the same bug)

rcgamer

the old guy
This sounds pretty exciting. I've been waiting for some of these games to start coming along. The N64 emu scene has been pretty stale for a while. Thanks for waking it up some ziggy.:bouncy:

SeymourOmnis

I get around 80FPS in Super Mario 64 with PJ64 1.7's RSP plugin, and around 45FPS in Goldeneye. Is this normal?

Core 2 Duo 3.5ghz
8800GTX

[Edit: It seems that the speed is variable, in goldeneye sometimes I get full speed in Dam, but also in SM64 it slows down sometimes in the first level. Any cause to this)

Also zbench64 crashes for me, but here are the results:

test #00 1.69842
test #01 1.64458
test #02 1.6395
test #03 1.64033
test #04 1.63949
test #05 1.69431
test #06 2.21903
test #07 2.37986
test #08 2.39267
test #09 1.69452
test #10 3.06304

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

You should use the RSP plugin based on Pj64 1.4 I'm providing, it should be much more fast. But you can't use it in Pj64 1.7 (I don't know why yet) so try an earlier version or another emulator.

mudlord

Banned
You should use the RSP plugin based on Pj64 1.4 I'm providing, it should be much more fast. But you can't use it in Pj64 1.7 (I don't know why yet) so try an earlier version or another emulator.

From what I know, the threading methods in PJ64 1.7 have changed a bit, especially when plugins and games are loaded and executed:

for instance: In 1.6, the plugin is loaded in its own thread and then kills itself, and then the ROM executes in the main emulation thread.

However in 1.7 (current version), the plugin loads in PJ64's GUI thread, and then the ROM is opened in the emu thread.

Maybe that might be a possible answer?

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Nice to see someone working on N64-Emulation!
Damn... it seems that everyone uses PJ64 1.7 except me ^^...
If i werent that broke, i would spend some money for it ;).
Maybe next month.