Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice to see you here again ^^

Did you read this? may be ineteresting http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=42136

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to hear something from you, Ziggy!
    I also learnt that your rsp.cpp was borrowed from MAME. MooglyGuy has already tested some opcodes against real N64 through NUTS. His results are available at http://mooglyguy.hamsta.com/opcodes.html. He has made one-line-long corrections to VRCP, VRCPH, VRCPL, VRSQL and VRSQH code that are explained on the page I linked to, but not yet implemented in the current source code of Z64. So it may be a good idea to change your rsp.cpp to conform with MooglyGuy's finds. I tried to introduce these changes myself, compiled new Z64 RSP binary and this new build didn't break any games I tested (although no improvements I've seen so far, either).
    EDIT: A funny bug I spotted recently. Automobili Lamborghini, Quake II and Roadsters Trophy - these 3 games do not normally work under Z64. They just show a blank screen. But if you run them with Z64 debug version (the latest is based on R13), press "P" and then press "-" or "+" a couple of times, you'll see that rendering actually happens. But it renders to some frame buffer (or back buffer, whatever), not to the primary surface. So an experienced coder (or Ziggy himself, if he returns) would be able to fix these 3 games quite easily. I recommend you to set fb_info=0, threaded=0, async=0, and to use Z64 RSP r17 plugin. Otherwise you may not see this behaviour. Screenshots attached.
    Last edited by angrylion; December 27th, 2007 at 14:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since this is so CPU-intensive, I'm guessing using Richard42's 64-bit Mupen64 on an AMD64 with XP x64 Edition should make it go faster?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've modified Ziggy's RSP plugin a bit and managed to get further in World Driver Championship and Stunt Racer 64. These games are playable now, geometry is perfect. There's some texture corruption, though.
    What did I modify:
    - switched the plugin back to interpreter, as it was in MAME
    - added RSP interrupt handling in cases when interrupt is triggered by MTC0, which Ziggy omitted (dunno why)
    - I force the plugin to exit an infinite loop which it enters because of Zilmar's RSP spec's drawback. The spec doesn't allow CPU to write into signal flags while RSP operates. As you may have thought, it is a dirty game-specific hack.
    - added Mooglyguy's opcode fixes for VRCP, VRCPH, VRCPL, VRSQL and VRSQH.

Required configuration:
    Emulator: Project64 1.5
    Sound plugin: Jabo's plugin bundled with Project64 1.5
    Graphics plugin: z64gl r17 properly set up (don't ask how, it was explained many times)
    It's settings in z64gl.conf: hires_fb=1, threaded=1, async=1
    RSP plugin: RSP.DLL, the build I've attached. Put it into plugin directory and overwrite any other RSP.DLL.
    World driver championship also requires the following. While in rom browser right-click on this game, select "Edit game settings" and set "CPU Core Style" field to Interpreter.

Version history:
    Version 1: some 3D in World Driver Championship.
    Version 2: both games are playable using the aforementioned configuration.
    Version 3: 80% speed boost (still very slow). Now it's hopefully safe to use this plugin with other games, besides these two (still it's not recommended).

VERSION 3 DOWNLOAD LINK
    http://w14.easy-share.com/15021281.html
    Source code: http://w14.easy-share.com/1699574214.html
    Last edited by angrylion; February 15th, 2008 at 09:53. Reason: initial ideas about my fix were incorrect, added version history

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ziggy, I'm interested in finally backporting your fixes to MESS / MAME. Unfortunately, in order to support hardware acceleration the RDP functionality seems to have undergone a fairly radical rewrite, to the extent that I cannot easily determine specifically what behavioral changes you've made under the hood.

With that in mind, could I convince you to contact me via any of the means listed here - http://mooglyguy.hamsta.com/n64.html - with a synopsis of any and all of the bugs that you've fixed, and how?

Thanks in advance.

The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyMan View Post
    Use the modified RSP ziggy attached on his first post. The default PJ64 v1.6 RSP will not work. Avoid using the v1.7 RSP since it has problems with z64 (it IS a WIP BETA anyway).
    btw Psyman, when set correctly, 1.7 and 1.7 RSP do a better job with Ziggy's plugin then 1.6 and the custom RSP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
    btw Psyman, when set correctly, 1.7 and 1.7 RSP do a better job with Ziggy's plugin then 1.6 and the custom RSP.
    Well, they sure didn't 6 months ago.
    I'm not insane. YOU are insane... You are all insane!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A new version of my RSP hack for World Driver Championship. It doesn't improve graphics. But now you don't need cheats or savestates to load. It also doesn't crash while ingame (as far as I've tested) nor after Midway's billboard appearance.
    Remember that you must use the emulator and plugins I recommended earlier. Not only you must set threaded=1, async=1, but also hires_fb=1.
    EDIT: The updated link is in post#354
    Last edited by angrylion; January 16th, 2008 at 03:27.

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrylion View Post
    A new version of my RSP hack for World Driver Championship. It doesn't improve graphics. But now you don't need cheats or savestates to load. It also doesn't crash while ingame (as far as I've tested) nor after Midway's billboard appearance.
    Remember that you must use the emulator and plugins I recommended earlier. Not only you must set threaded=1, async=1, but also hires_fb=1.
    Don't try to improve graphics by tweaking emulator settings or graphics plugin's settings, it won't happen. It looks ugly because it executes only about a half of the ucode with my hack, or maybe even lesser part.

http://w14.easy-share.com/14488331.html

Hmm...Emutalk fails to attach today...
    It's great to see a relatively new member come with such stuff. Keep it up and probably Ziggy will also have good use of these stuff.
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyMan View Post
    Well, they sure didn't 6 months ago.
    it hasn't been updated for 6 months and it works fine for me.

games like rogue squadron require that the Core be set to interpreter, and to do that properly you need to set it both in the Core settings and Debug settings, which most of the testers don't even have enabled. once thats done it boots fine. the current plugin version though doesn't show the title menu properly though for some reason.

anyway, once you get past the opening menu and into the select screens you can re-enable Recompiler and rogue squadron works at perfect speeds.
    battle for naboo has issues in the plugin itself though.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast