Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have Problems unning this Plugin on Pj64 1.6 and Pj64 1.7. When starting a game,the emulator just exits. I have a ATI Mobility Radeon x300 and yes I tried no_npot_fbos = 1. Any experienes with that? Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Use the modified RSP ziggy attached on his first post. The default PJ64 v1.6 RSP will not work. Avoid using the v1.7 RSP since it has problems with z64 (it IS a WIP BETA anyway).
    I'm not insane. YOU are insane... You are all insane!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I tried that one too... no way...

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ziggy, are you still working on this outstanding plugin?
    Would be nice if you threw some light on future improvements or something.
    Actually I can't wait for a day when World Driver Championship will show something (it's not a request of course).

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am not doing any work on Z64 at the moment. Real life is taking over, I need to find a job and a new place to live

I may or I may not work again on this project in the future, but I cannot know for sure at the moment. In any case, the source is available, so anyone is free to toy with it.

One thing that I know need to be improved, but I haven't work out yet , is the emulation of coverage. The RDP handles antialiasing in a particular way, some informations called "coverage" is stored in the framebuffer (but most of it isn't actually available to the programmer, because it's stored in "hidden" bits of the memory of the N64 (bits normally used for CRC)) Some effects rely on this coverage processing being precisely emulated. This point is my top priority, but it's a delicate problem : emulating it exactly with a 3D card isn't really an option, so instead it requires to find a trick to get a similar result but still allow to use 3D acceleration.

The other point I'd like to improve is taking advantage of multiple CPUs on the emulating host. To go further in this direction, I'd need a core emulator with a debugger (because synchronisation between the Mips, the RSP and the RDP is not completely understood yet (at least by me)), preferably open source. I know Hacktarux started to work on this for Mupen64, so if he finishes it some day, I might start again working on this problem.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

This is my first time posting here, though I have popped my head in and out from time to time over the years I probably haven't gained an appropriate amount of lurking but, hi.

I have written a (linux for the time being) N64 emulator. I've never managed to get around to releasing it though (never really knew how to actually do the releasing part). The reason I decided to announce it here and now is because I believe that I might finally be able to finish it.

It was originally conceived as a network transparent emulator: the emulator runs as a server daemon on a server, you have your various inputs and outputs, graphics, sound and controllers that 'plug-in' to the server over a network.

I wrote the server: the main emulator to try to be a simplified, low level, interpreting emulator that would be vaguely future-proof and run anywhere with no dependencies. It worked well and had to my mind easily better stability than anything else on Linux. I then decided that the next thing to do was the graphics. Big mistake, because trying to wrap my head around the upsetting variety of ucodes burned me out. That was two years ago. I did rewrite the core completely about six months ago, it was noticably faster but I am still yet to get around to implementing address error exceptions and the corresponding TLB reload on the rewritten version (Goldeneye doesn't yet work).

I just think that this new paradigm of chip emulation might be a little more amenable to being mangled through a network layer. Or have I misunderstood something really badly?

Ziggy, I did think at one point of writing a 'proper' debugger under ncurses, is that the kind of thing you're after?
    Also, has anyone compiled and tried Ziggy's work under native amd64/x86_64?
    Last thing, does anyone still care about new emulators? As it is it doesn't really do anything Mupen doesn't (apart from maybe run native under 64bit Linux).

Thanks
    (Sorry if this is too OT)

The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ziggy, for some reason the Main menu on Rogue Squadron crashes with the latest version

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
    Ziggy, for some reason the Main menu on Rogue Squadron crashes with the latest version
    Are you able to read? http://emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=386184&postcount=345

The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FloW3184 View Post
    hahahaha

the whole point of a forum is postbacks, whether hes working on it actively or not, people should continue to post thier findings so that when he does get a period of free time to get back to work on it, there is information to go on with what needs fixing.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Squall is right, this thread is still open and there's a reason for it

Chadernook, sorry for not answering more longly and earlier to your message. Your project might be interesting, I'd say, the best you can do is release something, so that people will be able to see what you did

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast