What's new

Z64 - a LLE graphics plugin

OP
Z

ziggy

My card is GeForce FX 5500
It's a bit difficult to get informations out of you isn't it ? There's probably the reason of your crash. Have a look into the z64gl.conf file and set

no_npot_fbos = 1

If it still crashes after that, it's probably because this video card model is too old.

The Siskoo

Ziggy need more information about your computer :
GFx Card : GeForce FX 5500
Processor : ???
Memory : ???
Do you get the last Directx ? - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en
Do you get the last drivers for your Nvidia ?
Do you get the last drivers for your Sound card ?
Do you get the last drivers for your chipset ?

You can try this too. Uninstall your emulator properly. Download the emulator on the official website. Download z64gl plugin and RSP. Do the thing for the RPS. Open your emulator, configure it and try again.

Emulator : 1964 0.9.9
Plugins : z64gl r15, z64gl-rsp r15, pj64 rsp r4

Heiwa Pachinko World (J) [!] --> Error message : 80052BD4 exception in emulation thread at the start with PJ64 RSP r4 (Recompiler). Don't have this error message with z64gl-rsp r15 and pj64 rsp r4 (Interpreter)

Last edited:

catcher36

Non Mapped Space

Ok i have copied everything like it said, renamed the rsp file but everytime i try to run a rom i get a executing from non mapped space error on version 1.7 of project64. if i use the old rsp then the rom loads fine, i checked my roms with goodtools and there all fine. if i use 1.6 of project64 it all works perfectly with no errors apart from the fact that my frame rates are mega slow but no matter what i do i can't get it to work with 1.7 am i doing something wrong or is there still some compatability issues with the new version of pj64?

Shin_Gouki

GF FX 5500 Should work ?
I think this plugin "just" uses OGL 2.0 which should be usable with this card?
But ok his demand WAS a bit harsh ;)

bgn

Hi, i have a problem:
I get a blackscreen every time, when i try to run game with this plugin.
Please help me.
-------------------------------------
Games tested so far:

Super Mario 64 (U) [!]
Pokemon Snap (G) [!]
Pokemon Stadium 2 (E) [!]
-------------------------------------------------------
My Specs:
Intel P4-Prescott 2.80Ghz
1280MB DDR RAM
160GB HDD space(1x 40GB+1x 120GB)
NVidia GeForceFX5950 Ultra 256MB
MS-Windows XP Pro SP2 with newest updates
Project64 1.6 with RDB-Update, Z64 r15
-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

I'm releasing an experimental version wich support asynchronous rdp emulation. It's not perfectly stable at the momnt, but under linux I notice a slight speedup (maybe between 10% and 20%, it's not completely obvious to measure)

I'd like to know if it improves things under win32, on mono and multi processors.

You need to make sure "threaded" and "async" are both set to 1 in the config file.

Hi, i have a problem:
I get a blackscreen every time, when i try to run game with this plugin.

Are you using one of my rsp plugin ? Without it, it won't work ...

The Siskoo

Emulator : 1964 0.9.9
Plugins : Ziggy R15, Ziggy R16, Ziggy PJ64 r4

1080 Snowboarding --> slight screen shaking on the logo (no problem with (U) version).
In-Fisherman Bass Hunter 64 --> with r15, gfxf was nice. With r16, gfx messed (pic 1)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine --> with r15, no screen shaking. With r16, the screen shakes.
Nintama Rantarou 64 Game Gallery --> no more thin line in the main menu with r16 ^^.
Mortal Kombat 4 (E) and (U) [!] --> GFX messed (pic 2).
Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub-Zero (E) [!] --> GFX Messed (pic 3).
MRC - Multi Racing Championship (E) [!] --> GFX messed (pic 4).
Nushi Tsuri 64 - Shiokaze Ni Notte --> Screen shaking in-game.
Nushi Zuri 64 --> Screen shaking in-game.

Last edited:

bgn

ziggy said:
Are you using one of my rsp plugin ? Without it, it won't work ...
Thx.
BtW: What should I do in PJ64-1.6 in order to select another RSP?
I tried overwriting RSP.dll, but it didnt help. :-(
Project64.chm said:
The RSP plugin cannot be selected via the Project64 GUI - $PluginPath\RSP.dll is always used.

OP
Z

ziggy

Thx.
BtW: What should I do in PJ64-1.6 in order to select another RSP?
I tried overwriting RSP.dll, but it didnt help. :-(

Everything's explained on the first post of this thread. Yes , just replace the dll, but keep a copy of the original around because the dlls I provide aren't usable with normal HLE plugins.

Please read the first post of this thread.

Skiskoo, thanks for the report, but did you notice any change in performance ? Have you tried to set the options "threaded" and "async" to 1 ?

bgn

Everything's explained on the first post of this thread. Yes , just replace the dll, but keep a copy of the original around because the dlls I provide aren't usable with normal HLE plugins.

Please read the first post of this thread.

Thx, are any special requirements for this PlugIn?(just asking, coz i tried pete's OpenGL2, and it works fine for me)