What's new

Z64 - a LLE graphics plugin

OP
Z

ziggy

New version (R13) with :

- some texture formats fixes (for example text in Tom Clancy's Rainbow, some double texturing in Conker's Bad Fur Day)

- Some screen setup fixes (Extreme-G doesn't crash anymore)

- A new option for video cards that do not support non power of two size FBOs (for example geforce 5900)

Trotterwatch

Most of the graphics bugs in NBA Hangtime have now disappeared, should be fully playable on a fast machine. Runs about half speed with sound here on a lowly P4 2ghz, so anything double that should be good enough :)

The Siskoo

Lot crash with this release for me
Ganbare Goemon : Error XXXXXXX : Exception in emulation thread.
Aeorfighter Assault : same
etc...

The Siskoo

I just copy paste new files in the plugin folder. Launch 1964 0.9.9 and tested games :)
btw, Siskoo instead The Siskoo :)

Edit : made a test with R12 and games works. With r13, games don't works...

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

Could you try this version, it should produce two log files, hopefully we'll get more informations from these.

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Okay, I'm doing these tests primarily on these settings:

Mupen 0.5.1

Windows

Radeon x800 Pro 256 mb.

z64-r13-win32
rsp-pj64-ziggy-r4-win32
nrage-direct-input v2 1.82a
azimers-hle audio 0.56

Toukon Road 2 - Mupen changes resolution and then Windows says Mupen has crashed.

Indiana Jones - Mupen changes resolution again and then crashes.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron - same result.

OP
Z

ziggy

Rogue Squadron and Indiana Jones, don't use Mupen it won't work. Instead Pj64 1.6 or 1964. Also for Indiana Jones, use the z64-rsp plugin. In any case, you should try basic games like Mario 64 and Zelda first. These ones should work with any emulator and both rsp plugins.

OP
Z

ziggy

Does it also crashes with the modified pj64 rsp plugin R4 ? I don't understand what is the problem, the logs don't show anything wrong.

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Rogue Squadron and Indiana Jones, don't use Mupen it won't work. Instead Pj64 1.6 or 1964. Also for Indiana Jones, use the z64-rsp plugin. In any case, you should try basic games like Mario 64 and Zelda first. These ones should work with any emulator and both rsp plugins.

Mupen 0.5.1

Windows

Radeon x800 Pro 256 mb.

z64-r13-win32
rsp-pj64-ziggy-r4-win32
nrage-direct-input v2 1.82a
azimers-hle audio 0.56

Super Mario 64 yields the same result. Just changes resolution and crashes.

Did I install this correctly?

I copied RSPcomp-pj64.dll into the mupen folder. I then copied z64gl.dll z64gl.conf and z64-rsp.dll in the plugins folder.

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
The last version I tested was r11, which is my first post in this thread. Should I try R12?

Edit:

I copied r12 plugins over and tried Super Mario 64 with not much success.

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

Well you could. But if it wasn't working with R11, it probably won't with R12. Apparently it's a problem related to your system.

Could you try the debug version I just released a few posts ago and send the log files that should be generated ?

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Will do. Where should I expect the log files be dumped? I presume in the plugin folder?

I'm going to test it as we speak.

Edit: found it. I'm going to attach it now.

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

No, above , in the same place as the emulator executable. The files are called z64err.txt and z64log.txt.

The Siskoo

Does it also crashes with the modified pj64 rsp plugin R4 ? I don't understand what is the problem, the logs don't show anything wrong.
If i understand, i put pj64 rsp R4 in 1964 plugin folder. Choose this RSP and test ?!?
I just test this and it works except for 007 The world is not enough. Always the same bug. The game don't launch.

OP
Z

ziggy

Yes that's the way to use it, as explained on the very first post of this thread.

Ok, so the problem is with the rsp plugin, here's a new version to test it should fix it. Please tell me if the rsp plugin in this version now works.

But you should use the modified pj64 rsp plugin whenever you can, it's much faster. :)

EDIT : this new version fixes more combiner thingies as well, and some very rare case of texture being badly clamped.

EDIT2 : this release is now on the main page.

Last edited:

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Yes that's the way to use it, as explained on the very first post of this thread.

Ok, so the problem is with the rsp plugin, here's a new version to test it should fix it. Please tell me if the rsp plugin in this version now works.

But you should use the modified pj64 rsp plugin whenever you can, it's much faster. :)

EDIT : this new version fixes more combiner thingies as well, and some very rare case of texture being badly clamped.

I'm not sure if you were referring to me or Siskoo (probably him). Anyway I gave r14 a try and nothing changes.

The Siskoo

Ok, error are fixed. 007 - The World is Not Enough (E) (M3) [!] don't boot (works with r12). And I test a quick thing. All Star Tennis was slow. With pj64 rsp, no slowdowns, with z64gl rsp, slowndows :)
More test tomorrow, I'm going to sleep, it's very late :)
Good job mate
Question : with 1964 0.9.9 and your video plugin, can we choose some options (like rice) or not ?

Last edited: