What's new

Z64 - a LLE graphics plugin

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Great work, just wondering if the "bright lights" in perfect dark are emulated? (Corona Fix?)

I'd test myself but my GFX card isn't compatible.

The Siskoo

1080 Snowboarding (E) (JU) [!] --> crash with 1964 0.9.9 and project64 1.6(before the menu), and works with mupen64 0.5.1 (fps are slow) We can see some vertical thin line on the logo (pic 1-2).
AI Shogi 3 (J) [!] --> Works with 1964, there is just some lit gfx issue on the main screen (pic 3). Game not playable with Project 64 1.6 and Mupen64 0.5.1 (GFX are messed).
Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh (J) [!] --> With the 3 emulators, same GFX issues (pic 4), anyway, there are no slowdowns in game like with Rice plugin (better GFX).

Last edited:

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
i like the progress of your plugin!
Would you like me to test some games and report the eventual gfx bugs?

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

i like the progress of your plugin!
Would you like me to test some games and report the eventual gfx bugs?

Thanks for the proposition. Not yet, because there are still too many obvious problems, but later on definitely.

However what would be very useful to me at the moment is that you report any regression you notice when I do a new release. For example I just noticed one regression between r10 and r11 (torch flames and the logo in Zelda MM) and it's easy to let slip some. So , testing that I don't break anything that used to work in new releases would be very helpful.

Iconoclast

AI Shogi 3 (J) [!] --> Works with 1964, there is just some lit gfx issue on the main screen (pic 3). Game not playable with Project 64 1.6 and Mupen64 0.5.1 (GFX are messed).
This is not a cause of the z64 graphics plugin. This game is known to be unplayable in Project64, Mupen64, Nemu64 and other emulators, regardless of the graphics plugin being used. These graphics issues are caused by the core.

Here's an interesting tidbit: Rice's Daedalus gives better graphics than Rice's Video 6.1.1 for this game. Well, alright, at least till you use 32 bit texture and all that texture enhancement crap, but still, Daedalus obviously is faster on 1964.

Edit: The magic post count # has been reached. :D

Last edited:

The Siskoo

This is not a cause of the z64 graphics plugin. This game is known to be unplayable in Project64, Mupen64, Nemu64 and other emulators, regardless of the graphics plugin being used. These graphics issues are caused by the core.

Here's an interesting tidbit: Rice's Daedalus gives better graphics than Rice's Video 6.1.1 for this game. Well, alright, at least till you use 32 bit texture and all that texture enhancement crap, but still, Daedalus obviously is faster on 1964.

Edit: The magic post count # has been reached. :D

Thanks for info. Maybe I could add this (in the comments) to the unofficial 1964 ini !!! If you could give me the full info :) Rice Daedalus or Rice Video ?

Iconoclast

These are my notes when testing this game:

There are no known issues for this game.
---
Recommended Emulator: 1964
Recommended Plugins:
  • Graphics: Glide64 or Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0
  • Audio: Azimer's HLE v0.56
The only official emulator that can really support this game's graphics is 1964. Since this is a puzzle game, the graphics plugin does not need to support that many things, relatively. Direct64 and glN64, however, emulate the title screen at a wrong resolution. Nemu64's graphics plugin, when used with any emulator, won't even start the game. Four remaining graphics plugins qualify for near-perfect emulation. Rice's Video Plugin also works, once configured properly, but there's no point in using that when Rice's Daedalus, which is even faster, works just fine. Finally, Jabo's Direct3D has some fine texture mapping glitches with the game. RSP emulation is not required for this game, but the sound can be a little glitchy. Only Nemu64's audio plugin can emulate this sound without any crackling whatsoever, and Nemu64's core cannot fully support this game's graphics. The next best thing for 1964, however, is Azimer's HLE.
---
This is my INI configuration for AI Shougi 3 and can be used on either Rice's Video or Rice's Daedalus.
Code:
{a682c18cb0cad0c2-4a}
Name=AI¼®³·Þ3
NormalAlphaBlender=1
NormalColorCombiner=1
IncTexRectEdge

OP
Z

ziggy

I made some nice progresses in Rogue Squadron : zbuffer issues are fixed and the sky is now properly mapped (EDIT : apparently it fixes also the issue in Bakuretsu Muteki
attachment.php
).

Other improvements soon to come : more combiner/blender fixes so the sky in Beetle Adventure Racing is finally correct, also fixes without nasty hack the roads in Zelda OoT. Better mapping algorithm , which get rid of black border texels in Mishief Makers for example and other 2d mapping.

All these in R12. :)

EDIT : it seems to also fixe texture mapping in Ready 2 Rumble ( the problem was exactly the same as in the sky of Rogue Squadron and Bakuretsu Muteki)
EDIT : another game being improved for the same reason : Neon Genesis Evangelion

Last edited:

The Siskoo

Sounds good :)

About Bakuretsou, there still some thin lines when you shoot, but that's really better than before :). Here 3 Pics when you walk with the robot. Small Lines moves. (Tested with Mupen64 0.5.1, 1964 0.9.9 and Project 64 1.6).
Pokemon snap : problem with the text are fixed whit R12 :)
keep up the good work Ziggy, nice plugin :)

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I can see some improvements here too...
Yoshi's Story is perfect now until you reach ingame (backgrounds are messed). Some of the purple lines around text on Quest 64 are fixed (some are not). Black thin lines during the Shadowgate intro are gone (every other plugin has these for me). Texture errors on Mystical Ninja seem fixed too.

Nice progress ziggy. :)

mudlord

Banned
The title screen for Indiana Jones + the options screen is perfect now

Yep, can confirm. Just tested on the Core 2 Duo I'm currently working on :). Same with the Rogue Squadron fixes.

Great work btw, ziggy :)

mr_tecnico

Hi, i was testing R12 with pj64 rsp and mupen64 0.5 linux, and testing pokemon snap, when it comes to the foto selection part, it crashed my X server..

olivieryuyu

Ok i did some tests, some amazing things, some bugs.

1) Indy title: uses 1964.

2) Dynamic soccer: nearly correct now, still a small mapping issue i guess

3) NBA hang time: fast but some gfx issues

4) iss64: damn there is a big problem here !

5) pga european tour: still no sky texture

6) extrem g : title is wrong (blue square should not appear): one of the mystery of the N64 emulation

7) south park: the radar is fixed. i don t understand the linkwith mapping but that is good :)

8) cybertiger is fixed totally, oh nice it is !! :)

9) madden 2000: wrong ground

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

I just released a new version of the modified pj64 rsp plugin. It should fix most differences with the z64-rsp plugin, for example now Telefoot works with it.

A call to the nice beta testers here :) : If you find any game that are still working differently with z64-rsp plugin and pj64 rsp plugin, I'd like to know which it is. Thanks in advance.

The Siskoo

Emulator : 1964 0.9.9
Plugins : z64gl R12, z64-rsp R12

007 - The World is Not Enough (E) (M3) [!] --> the screen shake (no problem of shaking with (U) version), 16 FPS
1080 Snowboarding (E) (M4) and (U)[!] --> 34-38 FPS. Thin line displayed in the game. (Pic 4)
AI Shogi 3 (J) [!] --> menu screen is nice :)
All Star Tennis '99 (U) [!] --> slow, 26 FPS.
Bio Hazard 2 (J) [!] --> gfx are messed. (Pic 5)
Ganbare Goemon - Mononoke Sugoroku (J) [!] --> pink color on texts !!! (Pic 3)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (U) [!] --> I can go on the second screen after the start menu (Pic 1 and 2)
Nintama Rantarou 64 Game Gallery (J) [!] --> 23 FPS, glitches in game, logo (culture brain) is nice (no more thin line).
Supercross 2000 (E)(U) [!] --> no ground (black ground), no public, very low FPS, sound hangs. (Pic 6)
Tamagotchi World 64 (J) [!] --> thin line. (Pic 7)
Telefoot Soccer 2000 (F) [!] --> problem with the texts and with the legs of players. No more shaking screen ;) (Pic 8 and pic 9)
Zool - Majou Tsukai Densetsu (J) [!] --> slow 40 FPS.

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

Again a new release of the modified pj64 rsp plugin (R4). Only a small trivial change to get rid of the annoying popup dialog that appear in certain games (Telefoot was one of them)

Apparently there are still some differences since I cannot use it for Battle of Naboo nor Indy.

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
I tried the r2 z64 release and it crashes 1964 and mupen on my end. Not sure what was wrong.

At first I tried it on Toukon Road 2, and that did not work. Then I tried it out on other games and I noticed it crashes everytime I use it.

I'm not sure if this is any help, but I just wanted to test it out and have come up empty handed. Sorry.

I'll try the newer releases when I find the time.

Radeon x800 pro 256mb.

Last edited:

The Siskoo

Emulator : Project 64 1.6
Plugin : z64gl r12, porject 64 rsp r4

Try this :
- Launch the game what you want.
- End emulation (File --> End emulation)
- Launch another game. Project64 close auto.