Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, the depth problem might be less simple than I thought first. Thanks for your help all of you, I think I'll stop for today. The next step (apart of this depth issue) will be to find out what causes the remaining occasional slowdowns. What would be useful would be to find some scenes that show this behaviour, and if possible the exact moment in the scene where it starts to get slow. The best would be scene that run at normal speed and an effect in that scene that is triggered by the player and causes such a slowdown, so that I'll be able to see what in the effect possibly could be the culprit.

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    I don't know really, what happens exactly when you try it under Vista ?
    Mupen64 (at least) crashes.

Z64 + Z64 RSP = Crash
    Z64 + PJ/Z64 RSP = Crash
    Glide64 + Any RSP = Crash
    Direct64 + Z64 RSP / PJ/Z64 RSP = No crash, but doesn't work
    Direct64 + Azimer/Hacktarux RSP = Works

So it seems related to your plugin.
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does it have time to produce z64log.txt and z64err.txt files before it crashes ? If it does, could you post the content ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're created, but they're empty.
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's my output with z64gl + RSP emulation Plugin v1.4
    ciu
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gnu is not unix

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sri Narayan, could you PM me the output of "glxinfo" ?

Doomulation, could you try the app here : http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/show...02&postcount=7 called gltest, it's going to give informations about what your GL driver supports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Doomulation, could you try the app here : http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/show...02&postcount=7 called gltest, it's going to give informations about what your GL driver supports.
    I guess driver support for OpenGL is still pretty immature:
    All tests fail with NO and auxillary buffers is 4.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's nothing we can do here. Apparently OpenGL has been seriously downgraded under Vista. I read somewhere, but it was quite some time ago, that Microsoft planned to limit OpenGL to version 1.4 under Vista, it seems they really did it then ?

EDIT : I did a bit of googling, it might be possible that if you deactivate Aero, then things get better. Are you using Aero under Vista ?
    Last edited by ziggy; May 1st, 2007 at 20:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I use Aero...
    I can try. It doesn't hurt to try...
    No... no, it doesn't work (test shows the same). Either it's downgraded or drivers are premature...
    Guess we'll have to work with XP for a while yet. Vista really is crippled...
    Last edited by Doomulation; May 1st, 2007 at 21:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In PJ64 I just get a blank screen no matter what game I load. In 1964 with the z64 RSP I get a black screen and then an exception in the emulation thread. And in 1964 with the other RSP plugin Conker loads, but crashes near the end of the N64/Rare logo animation, and Goldeneye seemed to work fine...but very slowly.

Just sharing my experience with the plugin.

As for Vista and its OpenGL support... I don't think the OS has much to do with the OpenGL problems while running under Vista, I'm fairly certain it's just the drivers lacking in OpenGL support at the moment (with most games being Direct3D, I imagine it has priority, and OpenGL improvements will come later).

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast