What's new

blue screen of death

SilentTrigger

when i run chankast i get a grey screen with a little triangle in the bottom left corner in stead of the dreamcast logo and then the sega screen pops up... then my whole computer will freeze and i will get the blue screen of death and have to restart... also when i run the emulator with no image mounted it gives me a screen with four options and pictures but there are no words or anything... someone plz help me fix this thank you

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I suggest you use normal BSOD resolve measures. Write down the error and, if shown, the file where the error occoured. At least post this info when asking about the error.
Otherwise google it. You'll be amazed of what you can find.

OP
S

SilentTrigger

here is the error i get when i try to run a game

stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x81C92E22, 0xA8E2D9B8, 0x00000000)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Sounds like you have an integrated graphics chip (not a good thing) or your video card drivers are borked (also not a good thing).
If it's the former, you can stop trying to make Chankast work properly. If it's the latter, update your video card drivers.

Last edited:

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Otherwise google it. You'll be amazed of what you can find.

Haha, it is true that a single server cannot hold enough complaints about any single Windows error.

By the way, do you run Chankast on a laptop?

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
I have read in the past years that Chankast is not compatible with all laptops, possibly because of integrated graphics chips. Chankast requires a seperate video card to function normally.