What's new

Unable to load game.

shelltoad

I just got Project64 along with some ROMs that I wanted to play. So I opened a certain ROM using Project64. It loaded it until 100%, but then, the screen is all black.
Nothing is happening at all. I tried reading through a few topics here but couldn't really find anything that matches my problem.

Anyone have any thoughts/fixes to this?

The ROM-file is a Z64, if it helps.

Edit: I noticed I used the wrong word in the topic title, I'm not unable to load the game, I'm unable to play it.

snexs

you know: roms are not legal.
however, what is the name of the game?
and do you use the jabo plugin?

OP
S

shelltoad

Agozer said:
Computer specs please.
These are my specs. If there's more you need to know, tell me.

Intel Pentium 4 2.40 GHz
1 GB RAM
Radeon 9550 256 MB.
Realtek AC'97 Audio.

snexs said:
you know: roms are not legal.
however, what is the name of the game?
and do you use the jabo plugin?
I know, I know. :x
The name of the ROM is ZELOOTMA.Z64 and the name of the game itself is Zelda Ocarina of Time. And no, I don't use jabo plugin. Never heard of it \o/

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Jabo's Direct3D8 graphics plugin is the default graphics plugin, so that's most likely the one you are using unless you've changed it. The filename and the extension of the rom file is fairly irrelevant, as your rom might as well be named haha.z64.

Make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Or try Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin (Options --> Settings --> Plugins).

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Those PC specs are well beyond the minimum requirements!
Thus the majority of the Nintendo 64 games shall be OK.

To be honest, probably the only game that would give trouble is Goldeneye 007 and very little other games.

Last edited: