What's new

Programmable GameShark for PJ64?

X-Fi6

Hi, I'm not a donator (yet) so I don't have 1.7.

Now, I have always rather hated how GameSharks, Action Replays, etc. were so limited. All they do is set a variable or something to an exact number. The most you'd be able to do is make it set that variable on a key press of, example, L.

Now, technically, it would be possible to do this (and perhaps easily, as well): Make a special gameshark / memory editor where you can say WHEN to do everything, etc.

Let's say you want to make Mario die once he has 3 coins. You could make it like this:

if
8933B218 0003 <-- Code for how many coins Mario has.
then
8033B222 0020 <-- Code for making Mario die instantly.

Also, it's annoying how you can only define absolute variables and not relative ones in gamesharks. In PJ64 it would also be awesome if you could make it like:

if
8933B218 0003 <-- Code for how many coins Mario has.
then
8033B21D +1 <-- Makes Mario have 1 more life.
8933B218 +1 <-- Makes mario have another coin to cancel having any more lives.

etc.

I seriously think it would be great to implement this into PJ64 if not already (I'm not a donator so I can't beta test yet to see if it already is or not). I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure if it would be hard or not, but by judging how great you guys are and how much work I've seen done from you it really looks possible (and not too hard...).

Last edited:

SubDrag

It's already implemented. The code type is D0/D1, that detects a memory location's value and executes the code if it matches. There's also an if not match type.

D133B218 0003 <-- Code for how many coins Mario has.
8033B222 0020

The code to make mario have one more life is not implemented, though you could do a workaround in assembly. It might cause some infinite loop issues if you don't do it properly.

OP
X-Fi6

X-Fi6

Well, like, I already know about the D0/D1 thing, but that was just an example.

It would be cool to start a GameShark code IF something happened.