What's new

help with playing perfect dark

wampdawg06

Hi, before I start this post I would like to say I am a newbie to this sort of emulating thing so cut me slack on knowledge and give it to me plain and simple if you would. I recently downloaded the proect64 emulator and everything so far runs smooth and fine except i cant seem to get past the profile screen of perfect dark to play the game. Its not a slow down problem, it just wont seem to save the file to a certain place or let me get to where I can save a file. I can create the profile but after that it says I must delete a profile but there is nothing to delete. if you can help me I would really appreciate it, thanks guys, owe ya one

the master 123

It might help to know you processor, ram amount, and video card. with processor and video card more inportant. To get to this go to system tools\system info. there goto tools and click the direct x. alt-print screen and post the main and the video page. I know you can use run to get to this but I forgot the line you need.

HellsBound

N64 Textures
Or it might be the rom.
The Ram or prossesor.

I use Perfect Dark (E) rom it works the best it frezzes once or twice about every 6th time i play it. It's the best i have found.

OP
W

wampdawg06

no , its not a memory or a slow down problem. My laptop is pretty dang new I know it can handle it because it can handle call of duty. What Im sayin is that it will start up and get to the opening screen where I have to enter a profile name and save it. It will tell me that I have to delete other files first before I can save this one but there are no other files to delete. Henceforth I can get past this screen, all I can do is switch between the profile screen, the screen that tells me to delete the files, and the screen that says copy profile, notes ect delete profile, notes ect. so like I said, its not a memory problem or a system probem its just a problem of gettin it goin

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Just because your laptop can handle PC games well doesn't automatically mean that it can also handle emulation well. The two aren't the same thing.

In any case, have you enabled the use of MemPak(s) for Controller 1 in Options --> Configure Controller Plugin?

Chumly

FFS folks, he's talking about this:

chooseyourreality.jpg