What's new

Freezing issues

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I am currently on Ubuntu Edgy 6.10 linux and have loads of freezing issues with the emulator. By freezing i mean locking up the whole pc so i have to hard reset it.

I heard that hackrauz is still working on the linux version, if not or he needs help i would like to contribute to the emu to make it stable (ive heard other people have issues too)

emu can lock up the pc when changing gfx setinngs, stopping and restarting a rom, etc.

so if hacktaruz would like help with the project (just ask) or somone wants to help me get it stable, lets do so :bouncy:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Is it doing that with all graphic plugins ? When you use the no sound plugin ? And when you use the pure interpreter core ? If so, i think it is very likely a hardware issue (maybe RAM ?)

OP
Danny

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
seems so yeah, with any gfx plugin :confused:

hmm i have sound drivers and my graphics card (ati radeon x300) set up and can play the emu fine, its just when you stop one rom and load another it freezes the pc, or if you change or modify the graphics plugin much (ive used emus for years and know what not to change and such)

does any of these issues affect you hacktarux?

edit - that was wierd, after the last time of running mupen64 (and freezing) i had to reset my pc. on reset i saw that my admin rights were stripped, hence allowing me to do little. i had to log in to root and give my permissions back :unsure: what the hell?

Last edited: