What's new

DK64 problems

andres27

I have tried since I first knew about PJ64 some years ago, to play DK64, but with no sucess. It´s a shame, it´s one of my favourite games :(. The first problem I had was that after starting a new game, the screen turns yellow and then the game freezes. I figured how to fix this problem by going to the menu options, and changing the "Skipe story" to On. Now I can play around Donkey Kong house, but when I want to exit to the DK Island, the screen turns black and I cannot continue! I heard of people that can play the game with no problems, but how that people did to do that? Any help will be welcomed ^_^. Oh, I forgot to say what are my computer specs, but I don´t think there will be any problem, but anyways =P:

Intel P4 2.53 Ghz
NVidia GeForce 4200 Ti with AGP8x
Creative Audigy Audio Processor
512 DDR RAM

EDIT: Oh! And the plugins I´m actually using are:

Video: Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6
Audio: Jabo's DirectSound 1.6
Controller: Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
nope, there are various issues with the Emulator and Donkey Kong 64 ranging from memory address errors to polygon tearing.

OP
A

andres27

mmm argento ^^

i think it´s a problem of the rom, not of the emulator
:D. Well, I will try another versions of the ROM to see what happens :p. The ROM I´m using is Donkey Kong 64 [!].

nope, there are various issues with the Emulator and Donkey Kong 64 ranging from memory address errors to polygon tearing.

So, with that you mean that there's no way to play it? But I heard of...oh well :(.

smcd

It's not that it is unplayable, but that there are known issues so "play at your own risk"

Iconoclast

I'm guessing it's really an alpha issue. Everyone says it's frame buffer, but when I turn on frame buffer emulation for any plugin, the zipper issue persists. I think it's the game's alpha issues causing it, though the GameFAQ states otherwise.