What's new

A New N64 Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lizard64. a N64 emulator is released. 1.6, the current version can be downlaoded here: http://lizard64.li.ohost.de/.
the emulator is new and emulates almost all N64 games in fullspeed.
I think you should go on the site, look around, test the emulator and register in the forums. The features from 1.0 till 1.6:

Features 1.6:

- best resolution added
- the newest sound, graphic and input plugins added
- enable dynarec added
- new core code
- new GUI
- Save/Load state added
- make screenshots
- best compatibility
- fullscreen function added

Features 1.0:

- 1024x768 resolution added
- Sound plugin added
- graphic plugin added

Enjoy this emulator!

Hawq

Nice and spread about a bit now as well to some other sites as well (well I was in the area dropping off some news), with all due credit given naturally, might have to give this one a try tomorrow.

S

Sasuke3.0

nice emulator, its good to know there are more emulators being made

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
More screenshots please. Looks promising. How well does the graphic plugin emulate the N64 graphics (framebuffer emulation, etc.)?

Iconoclast

More screenshots please. Looks promising. How well does the graphic plugin emulate the N64 graphics (framebuffer emulation, etc.)?
The graphics plugin used here is Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10. It has a nice variety of frame buffer emulation options to emulate frame buffer at different levels, unlike all the other graphics plugins, but will not do so until configured to via the .ini configuration file.

The sound plugin, Azimer's Audio HLE, is what I call the third best audio plugin out there. The second best is Jabo's, because there are games out there that crash the emulator unless you are using either zilmar's No Sound plugin or Jabo's DirectSound, whereas all other audio plugins crash the emulators. Generally, Azimer's is a faster audio plugin with less synchless crackling than Jabo's, but does not support sound dumping.

As for the core, it has very few options such as compilation mode, but it does forceably use the N64 expansion pak (8 MB) and have very what I like to call "up and down" core speed. Still, it even boots the game "Dark Rift", so it's got a good bootcode dictionary. However, I doubt it'll run non-game commercial ROMs such as the CD64 BIOS and GameShark Pro (Unl).

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Well... i was excited to see a new n64 emulator so i opened it but the GUI looked very familiar... old but familiar... let's remember... yea, that's it, apollo !!

I opened the binary and searched for some strings and found the exact text of the apollo beta dialog box:

Unauthorized distribution of the beta is grounds for immediate removal
New to v0.10:
-Added 4MB Expansion as an option
-Fixed FPU (Fixes Turok)
-Added Faster TLB Accessing
-Banjo Tooie/Jet Force Gemini Copyprotection support
What's New to R2:
-Fully working internal audio code
-Hydro Thunder Audio Fix
What's Next in R2:
-Fixed SaveStates
-Fixed Registry Settings
-Mario64 capable Dynarec
-Rombrowser plugin support
-Cheats Menu
-Speed Limiter
LizardLizard64 Nintendo64 EmulatorLizardBeta Information

Further within the file, i found out that this is a debug build, so the binary contains strings such as:

*** Assertion Report ***Thu Jun 20 19:22:10 2002C:\Downloads\aps010-1\Lizard-old\RSP\rsp.c

aps010-1 is the default folder of the apollo source code, so think what you want, but to me it is apollo recompiled with a new name.

You are wrong. Some of the text appears similiar with apollo's because apollo was my favourite N64 emulator because i used it about 4 years and i was to lazy to write all the strings ( it was my job to do this, Raz0r made the GUI and i rate him to make a black screen for the pause of the CPU ( i liked this in apollo ) for example ). The emulator has nothing to do with apollo.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yeah right, it just so happens to have the exact same start up messages and the exact same GUI, even the same error messages! give up the lies, here's some more proof of that:

60602595cu0.jpg

You'll probably say that you tried to copy Apollo's GUI, I don't buy that, doesn't explain the same error messages if you fail to load plugins and the app even behaves in the same manner, and 0.3 isn't even the latest build of apollo! Explain that then? You're fooling nobody here.

More Evidence:

45324909fg1.jpg

Nice try though, trying to pass off someone elses work as your own shows your true character.

Also, since when is "Best Resolution" a feature when you never even wrote the graphics plugin, hahah, you took someone elses plugin sets too and claim to have the best resolution and best compatibility, thats comedy gold.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You never did any work you thieving bastards.

Hacktarux said:
*** Assertion Report ***Thu Jun 20 19:22:10 2002C:\Downloads\aps010-1\Lizard-old\RSP\rsp.c

Oh, that just so happens to be Apollo 0.10's source folder structure too,
\aps010-1\Apollo-old\RSP\rsp.c

All you did was change Apollo to Lizard in the folder then altered some strings in the source code. Face it, nobody will believe you after what me and Hacktarux has said about this subject, we've provided strong evidence against you. So, you can leave now with half a shred of dignity or continue your lies, the choice is yours.

Ha, the website disappeared, nice, only proves us right.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

I have just been enlightened, today.
Unauthorized distribution of the beta is grounds for immediate removal
New to v0.10:
-Added 4MB Expansion as an option
-Fixed FPU (Fixes Turok)
-Added Faster TLB Accessing
-Banjo Tooie/Jet Force Gemini Copyprotection support
What's New to R2:
-Fully working internal audio code
-Hydro Thunder Audio Fix
What's Next in R2:
-Fixed SaveStates
-Fixed Registry Settings
-Mario64 capable Dynarec
-Rombrowser plugin support
-Cheats Menu
-Speed Limiter
LizardLizard64 Nintendo64 EmulatorLizardBeta Information
Hm...wouldn't Banjo-Tooie boot in Apollo, then? Sure doesn't in Lizard64 for some reason. Recompilation error, perhaps?

TheBuzzer

on the other forum topic he was saying something about using the psp n64 emulator source code too.

I think it is fine if he makes a new emulator based on other ones but got to have credits to where it belongs and also be open source because he is using open source stuff.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I don't mind people using an emulators source (while giving appropriate kudos to author(s)) to try and improve apon it but to steal someones work entirely that is just unacceptable. I mean, it's basically an attempt to decieve everyone and gain recognition for work that someone else did and if people do that you can be sure i'll be there to make their life difficult.

The amount of similarities between Apollo and this were shocking - Program start "Message about beta*" same string appeared in both of them on the first run, identical. The GUI was basically the same with some minor text changes, the plugin selection config was identical to apollo's - the program itself contained some of apollo's strings. The plugins included were all ones that you could already get and he was claiming them as his own as well, god knows what "Best Compatibility" is supposed to mean;

He closed his website only minutes after I began posting here so if there was even the possibility that this was genuine he would not have done that, if thats not a sign of guilt I dunno what is.

ScottJC and Hacktarux, debunking fake emulators squad!!!11 Hahah. Must admit that was fun.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I assume you meant to say this:
I'm not smart enough to think my way out of this embarressment I have caused myself so I must start spouting random insults that are not only Ironic but also make me look foolish at the same time

Iconoclast

Oh, he closed down his own site. See, I thought, on sight of the thread, Martin did it or something....

The sad part is, it was too obvious to be fun.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
I like how Lizard immediately claimed "- best compatibility", as if it were an unarguable fact.

Also, total douche move, ripping Apollo.

Status
Not open for further replies.