What's new

No$gba 2.4a Released

[vEX]

niechift.com
Category: <b>GameBoy Advance</b><br><br>
- nds/help: added nds-lite case/joypad ascii arts, and nds-lite supply pinout
- spam: nocash-lite was posted online - new addresses in email.htm or about-box
- nds/3d: forces instant new gxfifo irq (if any) on attempt to acknowlege it
- nds/sound: fixed output to sample.wav script file (for diagnostics purposes)
- nds/adpcm: emulates nds-rounding-error, uses fast-pre-multiplied adpcm tables
- nds/adpcm: fixed clipping-bug in no$gba, and emulates real nds-clipping-error
- nds/sound/help: added more ima-adpcm notes (rounding-error and clipping-error)
- stat: performance indicator counts frames on nds9 only (=60Hz) (instead 120Hz)
- nds/tsc/debug: displays all tsc channel values in io-map (touchscr, mic, etc.)
- nds/tsc: prevents penirq if disabled, penirq more in sync with tsc-adc values
- nds/3d: drains gxfifo before gxfifo dma (fixes mariokart/downhill slowdowns)
- nds/3d: forces DepthMask=1 on ClearDepth (if it was 0 from translucent/attr)
- nds/firmware: applies different mac addr to each machine with wifi-crc adjust
- nds/firmware: forces def.fmw/wifi header (if firmware.bin missing) (downhill)
- nds/firmware: forces user settings [65h]=FCh=good (if firmware.bin missing)
- nds/firmware: fixed touchscreen/calib screen coords origin 1,1 (instead 0,0)
- nds/dos/3d: translates by w, recurses current viewport x1/y1 and width/height

:: No$gba Official Site
:: No$gba 2.4a

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Seems like the author seriously needs some dedicated testers...

It's stated in the homepage that there was a serious bug that prevented sound from playing correctly on newer machines since the time sound was implemented. For god's sake. xD

WhiteX

The EMTK DS emulation ppl offered him to test the emulator and give compatibility results but it seems that he is on dial up and it is hard for him to get results from a website or another source, only text works for him.

Lowlines has hisa compat list made on flash, i think, and the author could not see it without making a prohibitive dload, but i think Rockmangames made friends with him and is giving out compat test results but i agree, he should have dedicated ppl.

Low Lines

The EMTK DS emulation ppl offered him to test the emulator and give compatibility results but it seems that he is on dial up and it is hard for him to get results from a website or another source, only text works for him.

Lowlines has hisa compat list made on flash, i think, and the author could not see it without making a prohibitive dload, but i think Rockmangames made friends with him and is giving out compat test results but i agree, he should have dedicated ppl.
Compat list has been in hibernation for a bit (cos of Year 12). Will hopefully get back to it sooner or later :p Major reason why it's stopped is beacuse the way it loads a list visually choaks up memory with more items. I know how to fix it, but it sorta means I gotta rework the whole code around it because I wrote my code back then when I wasn't smart and made things work only one way :p

Am thinking maybe if I look into it I could write up a simple executive xml list viewer, which could work alongside my flash one...but that's just ideas atm...no point even bothering about it during my term break cos I only got 1 week off, plus I get homework to do at the same time. And the above will actually require a little bit of teaching myself how to do things ^_^

V

vashts2005

If anyone needs any help with testing or compatibility I would be glad to offer some services. I keep my NDS set current, and I have some spare time here and there, and a love for emulation. Let me know what you need...I feel compelled to give back to emulation since I've been around for like 10 years (I'm finally learning some C++ now too), anyway let me know if you need me.