What's new

New Gekko Emu Content (Insider)

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Hello all-
I'd just like to give a heads up over here of what has been in the works with Gekko. Along with the continuous development of the video plugin, we have been making great progress with the recompiler, as well as audio. With such accomplishments being made, we've decided to start a sort of private insider club in order to shed some light on the project has it's being developed - a privilege given in thanks for those who have donated to the team.

Located on our forums (http://www.gekko-emu.com/forums, go there if you have not registered already :)), the insider section offers exclusive content - screenshots and videos of the project (as they arrive, posted on a weekly basis), developer "blogs", compatibility, answered questions, private discussion, and will eventually include project release candidates. Donations are going towards 64bit PCs for the developers, in order to further the capabilities of the project.

Here is but a brief preview of what can be found there right now -

Plus dozens more shots and games :) Any support given to the project is motivating to us, even if it's just a visit to the site. Thank you!

-The Gekko Team

Here are the steps to suscribe to N'Sider :
  • Create an account at our forums or login to an existing account
  • Go to the usergroups page located in the bar at the top
  • Select Gekko N'Sider and click View Information
  • Click on Subscribe to this group
  • Click on the big Suscribe button and fill in the PayPal information
  • Once the payment is completed, you will automatically be able to access the N'Sider sections (located under General Discussion)
You can alternatively follow this link if you're already a member.

Last edited:

Sercio

There are many screenshots with FRAMERATES!!! Man we finally got screenshots with friggin framerates!!! Those screenshots are almost uncounteble ! Nsider people also can see many informations about the gekko emulator and the status of it! Trust me guys it is worth to join it!

Last edited:

ExodusC

Marisa Stole My Precious Thing
There are many screenshots with FRAMERATES!!! Man we finally got screenshots with friggin framerates!!! They are Almost uncounteble ! Nsider people also can see many informations about the gekko emulator and the status of it! Trust me guys it is worth to join it!

Yeah, seeing some frame rates is pretty freakin' nice. Tons of screenshots. Not only that, but I love the technical discussion, a lot of in-depth progress description and such.

Should be some live action video up on there soon, too!

Last edited:
S

Sasuke3.0

There are many screenshots with FRAMERATES!!! Man we finally got screenshots with friggin framerates!!! Those screenshots are almost uncounteble ! Nsider people also can see many informations about the gekko emulator and the status of it! Trust me guys it is worth to join it!

so.... whats the FPS?

Toasty

Sony battery
Impressive screenshot - I may just have to donate and get access to all the goodies. I'm very anxious to see Gekko's release! :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Seems like a worthy endeavor to me, i'm in *donates*

Mind you, I'd donate to just about any project I liked... :p (Was the first pj64 beta member by donating, Lucky for them I had already been part of the 1964 beta team so meh! :p)

Last edited:

smcd

Dude there's a huge black market for children, it could be the most profitable donation! :p

OP
ShizZy

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
@Miretank: send ph0t0z kthx :D

@All: We've been having some slight slight issues with accounts, sometimes requiring manual activation of donators. (Sometimes their subscription expires the following day, though once we add you manually it's good forever). So if for some reason you donated and don't have access, please please please PM me or post, and it will be fixed within hours.

@ScottJC, looks as though that happened to you. Fixed yah. Chrono will fix the script once he gets back home.

Last edited:

BlueFalcon7

Wow! This is looking better and better. It seems as if every time I leave for a week, I get updates. Its like... you actually like emu coding :p

Well, I don't really have any money right now, just got accepted by a girl, I get my license in a month, and I don't have a car yet.

Still, nice job. Video looks nice. Also good to hear that the recompiler is finally in the working. For those of you who actually know framerates, I would assume that they are nothing too amazing right now because the dynamic recompiler is still a bit "in the works" if you know what I mean. I don't know for sure, but it would be great to see 64 bit versions of the gekko. I myself use a 64 bit OS, and could use the optimizations.

OP
ShizZy

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Gekko Emu Content - Video update

If anyone is interested, Knuckles has posted a video of Gekko running the Zelda Wind Waker Demo past the point where other emulators hang (getting the key) on N'Sider. It's our first video yet, so go take a look :)