What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The new and improved Paper Mario project

lewa

Hey guys. (Not new here, been doing stuff in the OOT retexture.)

I downloaded the pack for a friend earlier today, and he said the star orbs aren't done yet. I'd be glad to do so, orbs are my specialty :D. Will post when done.

I actually left his house before I played it, so I can't praise you all for quality of work yet. Will probably do so when I get home later :p

Last edited:

tpastyc12

Not to push an old thread up, but I'm having trouble using this pack. I'm using 1964 with the newest 1964 video, and about halfway through loading the textures, I get an error along the lines of "failed to render, g_u render is NULL".

Glide works fine, but it's pretty slow at times, especially in 3D transitions. I've tried tweaking glide to work, but there isn't much I can do, so my efforts go back to trying to fix 1964video.

EDIT: Also, only happens with this pack. Game works fine without texture loading, and other games work with other texture packs.

ajs880

Is this ever going to be finished, because the walking animations look weird and some graphics, like luigi, the back of mario, some part of bowser, etc... do not look complete. I was going to do a playthrough on youtube of this, but I dont know weather I should use it.

OP
M

Mollymutt

I doubt it'll ever be finished. I haven't had any correspondence with any of the team in a long time. Besides, I just don't have the time to put into it like I used to.

OP
M

Mollymutt

So, I've been playing this game again, because believe it or not, I never actually beat it. I was looking at some of the work we did, and I thought that it was a shame we never finished the project. I have been dumping textures along the way, just in case I decided to start up again. Well, I whipped these up this morning. We'll see how it goes.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Thank you for considering the continuation of this project.

Request: Will you finish the Mario textures I know some of them like the spinning are still missing.

OP
M

Mollymutt

Like I said, I'm still in the process of dumping every texture. You wouldn't believe how many textures mario has in the game. If I really am going to try to tackle this, I'm going to start with all of the characters first.

PistonMiner

Hi Mollymutt, i have followed this thread along, now i made myself an account. I really like the game, but i hate the original textures of it. So i was looking for a HD texture Pack. I stumbled about this pack. I really like it and would like to help. I have some practical experience in retexturing, and looked at the pack in detail and tested it. it is awesome. There are some missing letters like o, but also ä,ö,ü, but probably you couldnt retexture them because they dont exist in english. (Im german.) I would like to help, but i have a problem, my game doesnt work. it crashes when i try to use the hammer. So i cant really dump much textures. I already did the o and some mario sprites. If you would like me to help, i have seen some textures i could retexture, but the problem as said is that i cant dump textures yet.

I could retexture some sprites that havent been done yet.

PistonMiner.

EDIT:

Now i tried using the US version and it works fine! Im gonna start dumping!!

Last edited:
OP
M

Mollymutt

I would like to see some of your work. I just finished the game, and there's over 40000 textures i the game! I don't know if I'm ready to tackle something on that scale.

PistonMiner

Hi Mollymutt,

I didnt know that there were that many textures!

I have created two mario textures in TTYD style, the texture of mario at the end of a fight, and sitting mario. Also i have created an better toad house icon.

I still have one problem. In the emulator the dark textures(the shadow ones) Are completely black. But Im Sure that its not related to your textures, because it happens without texture pack too.

I hope you are happy with the textures,

PistonMiner.

Attachments

• pmtextures100713.zip
    181.9 KB · Views: 68

PistonMiner

Hi again! I just did some more textures because it wanted the battles to go a little bit smoother in terms of textures, so i did the block texture.
Im probably gonna work on the animated "thumbs up" at the end of each battle.

Also, i have a question: What emulator do you use and what plugin?

PistonMiner.

Attachments

• pmtextures100713mario2.zip
    134.8 KB · Views: 72

PistonMiner

Hi again,

Is it okay for you mollymutt if i upload some new textures that you redid but not replaced all the equivalent textures with new Names? ( so new textures in-game). For example the "o" is not working ingame.

Also, im almost finished with the animation.

PistonMiner.