What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The new and improved Paper Mario project

OP
M

Mollymutt

No, I haven't heard from him in a long time. I'm game to start this up again, but I'm pretty far into my SM64 project, and I really want to finish it first. Not to mention, since I started this pack, I'm much better at retexturing, and a lot of stuff needs to be redone. BTW, the new stuff looks great.

Last edited:

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
*smackhead* you can go to:
freewebs.com/jantarctica for the download, just click Texture Packs from there... Thats where I got mine!

OP
M

Mollymutt

Hey all, when I upgraded my comp, I lost all of the character and font textures.
Replay, if you have the latest version, upload it so people can get it.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
well, Mollymutt, the pack I downloaded from jHdD's website can be downloaded anytime, and I use it (although some textures are missing) all the time during play. I don't know if it's the latest, but looking at the work, it's close or probably is the latest. go to this link j.i.c. and head to "Texture packs"
Mollymutts retexture

l3illyl3ob

The problem is that the link to the download on that site is dead! That's why people are asking for a re-upload. If you could be so kind as to upload what you have to rapidshare or sendspace or some other similar site, then we all could download and play. Please :)

cerebus5

This kind of thing is why we need a comprehensive projects site. I have a version of Paper Mario texture project on my PC but I'm not sure 100% it's this one. I can upload what I have though.

OP
M

Mollymutt

Well, it never was 100%. I've been interested in restarting it but,I'm having major problems with playability atm.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
oh, me too! I think it's my ROM, but it crashes when the Koopa Bros. are showing Bowser their "move"

cerebus5

Odd - is that in the retexturing or in the normal rom? I beat it nearly to the end now I think and no problems, no crashes. But I haven't gone through it with the new textures. Mollymutt it would be awesome if you could finish this game, it's one of the best N64 titles out there.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
I agree, this game changed the face of history, where 2-D and 3-D actually worked together pretty darn well.

cerebus5

Ok I'm gonna upload what I have when I get home to Mediafire. It's a bit of a melange of packs but altogether it's fairly complete.

Replay I think this was one of the games where Nintendo really dared to give a stylistic approach to the artwork. The self-referentiality, the in-jokes - all in all an outstanding game.