What's new

Firmware language change and NDS Cartridge Backup Media!

spotanjo3

Here it is:

NDS Cartridge Backup Media:

loo.jpg

Here it is:

1. Do you have firmware.bin ? Go to OPTIONS>EMULATION and you will need to change it to GBABIOS and save. It will read firmware.bin anyway. Now, exit this emulator then load your nds game and you will have this:

Click Ok then click Options>Save Options>File>Reset Cartridge

453fl74.jpg

Now, click the nds icon on the bottom and click something that look like a tool then the icon that look like a world and click it and click ENGLISH and click A Confirm -- screenshot here:

33cyts3.jpg

33fgbbk.jpg

Now, there is a trick. Use your mouse and click right button and click RESET. No, you cannot save this setting because you will have to do it every time. Mine is english firmware only. I assume that your firmware is in japan. So you can change it to any languages. ENJOY!

EDIT: MAKE A STICKY, OK ? :)

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

No problem.

But, that's not for you but for people who might ask for it later. :)

What if I dont have firmware..
I changed the NO$GBA Setup exactly like your's, but now it keeps crashing

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

That is for language change and savetype to correction. If you dont have firmware then you will have some problems. LOOK: You must have it if you want, why ? Some games like Megaman (E) wont let you to read english but japan and megaman (U) do not need firmware and it is already in english.. weird huh ? I know. Also the firmware is for language changer for your preference in some games like multiply languages. :)

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Where do you GET firmware.bin?
You're not supposed to ask like like that, as it puts you on the ban list fast. It's a BIOS file and therefore copyrighted, so asking about where to get one is the same things as asking for ROMs or BIOS files in general.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
You're not supposed to ask like like that, as it puts you on the ban list fast. It's a BIOS file and therefore copyrighted, so asking about where to get one is the same things as asking for ROMs or BIOS files in general.
Oh, well, my bad then. I wasn't sure whether it fit into that category or not. I'll edit the post.

Someone!

Hullo!
Yay, it works! I also found how to do this on roms that crash on bios, like Mario Kart DS. Put the setting as Bios, save setup, close No$GBA. Open it up again, change the language, change the setting to Direct Cartidge Load and reset. It works! :D