What's new

Why do my games now suddenly go to a crawl?

Ephidel

For some reason, anytime I now play anything in PJ64, it used to be going at a pretty smooth speed and now goes from the fifties and generally stays into the teens. I haven't used it in a while, so I don't know what has to be on in the options. I am using OpenGL, so suggested options would be greatful.

What annoys me is that it appears to have started randomly. I was perfectly able to play Zela: OoT with a high res texture pack with no slowdown whatsoever a few weeks ago, and now the game starts to go into single digits at the intro dialog, the same place I played before, and had no trouble at all.

Dogman5

----------
Options > Configure RSP Plugin and make sure it is set to Recomplier and not the other choice. Either that or maybe try Options > Configure Audio Settings and check the box to sync game to audio. If that dosent help maybe try reinstalling PJ64.

OP
E

Ephidel

Uh..sorry I haven't posted much XD. I got so angry I jumped away PJ64 for a while.

Uh..I've been using Rice's plugin, and thats why I got so annoyed at all of this. There are texturepacks for Zelda: OoT, yet like I have stated, and it still is occurring, It's in the single digits still.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9449/lolololorb7.png

Just one I took a few minutes ago.

EDIT: Neither of the things the poster after my old post were a problem, as it was already set like that.

Last edited:
OP
E

Ephidel

How do I change to using the D3D renderer while using this plugin?

Uh...my specs can play SWAT 4 XD. That's all I know about it.

Oh, and I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6100.

Also...I get issues with Yoshi's Story and Paper Mario, is it the plugins fault, or my settings. Yoshi's Story's backgrounds are all...empty and just bled the sprites into it, as Paper Mario has black sprites in dark areas.

OP
E

Ephidel

Uh...RDB? The RiceDatabata Plugin file within the Rice thread that doesn't run within the plugin file directory?

How do I update that, let alone have PJ64 recognize it.

OP
E

Ephidel

Well, I've never changed any Rom Data Base dood...all I did was get PJ64, some games, and tried to play some with Rice's plugin, and all I've gotten are poor results of supposedly one of the best graphical plugins for N64 emulation.

An idea on how to do that would be splendid :3

Also, where is the D3D settings in there?

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Dood...Have you even tried, or did you give it one go and comes crying to us? It REALLY TRULY is so easy, it is crazy as hell. It really is...I figured it out all by myself 7 years ago. Try to switch plugins. You learn how in the help file. Try to set it to directx, you do that under the general emulation tab, i think, don´t have it in front of me right now, so..

OP
E

Ephidel

Trust me, I get trouble with GBA emulators and how to use filters on that. >_>

I can run some of these games in the default plugin, that's not what I'm saying is the problem. I want to use Rice for the texture packs and superior graphics filters, and I would like to get it to work with some games that people are building texture packs for is all, and yet I am getting problems with every single one.

It's not like every plugin is giving me slowdown, but I want to fix the cause of slowdown from this plugin is my priority.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
tell those people to get PJ64 1.7 as rice video is incompatible with 1.7 and Jabo's plugin now supports texture paks

mudlord

Banned
Definitely not....that is, you can't just drop the tex packs in and expect them to work, without porting them first....