What's new

Zelda Telescope Bugfix - Gekko

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
http://www.gekko-emu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52

Thought I would post this screenie (with permission from Shizzy) that was shown on the Gekko IRC Channel, showing Wind Waker, with the telescope being used.

As quoted "The are bugs but they are being worked out"

Screenshot was by chrono.
gekkoglitchuj5pw5.jpg

Screenshot by Shizzy
zww11zx3uw3yw5.jpg

Stay tuned :)

BlueFalcon7

Woah! you have forums for gekko?

Thanks for the update, its good to hear form you guys now and then. Looks a lot nicer than when you started writing that plugin a few months ago, I have to say.

Also, my randomly disappearing on IRC is a result of my loads of homework, Gamecube is fun, but there are other games I like to play on my new rig. Add a life, and a few hard classes. I know how you emu coders feel :p

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Wow! You're just not going to release this thing until it's absolutely flawless, are you? :D Beautiful screenshot, but WHY do you keep whiting out the frame rate??? :p

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
Wow! You're just not going to release this thing until it's absolutely flawless, are you? :D Beautiful screenshot, but WHY do you keep whiting out the frame rate??? :p

I just do what I'm told to do :p
But seriously the FPS isnt really what's important in that shot. :bouncy:

Toasty

Sony battery
I know, but you can't help but notice the ever-present white blob at the top of the screen. ;) It is excellent progress. (Can the current version of Dolphin even get that far into the game without crashing?)

OP
ShizZy

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
No, not the released version of Dolphin.

We blob out the fps because it's not what we wish to share with you at the moment ;) Don't worry, when we're ready to really wow you, we will :)

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
wow shizzy i remember when you were starting your chip8 emu, then your problems with your gameboy emu...

then you advanced to get a nes emu running demos in 4 hours then this :D

exellent stuff man

BlueFalcon7

No, not the released version of Dolphin.

We blob out the fps because it's not what we wish to share with you at the moment ;) Don't worry, when we're ready to really wow you, we will :)

Translation: Lightning has not completed the Dynarec, therefore, the speed is slow, and we dont want you to know that :p

No, but seriously, I would imagine that they would have to get the video emulated properly before they could effectively implement the dynarec/HLE and all of the nice dual core/Streaming SIMD optimizations into the emulator. Im no programmer, so Im only guessing.