What's new

star wars problem

soylapolla

Somebody Knows how can i run star wars episode 1 racer on my project 64? I have the last rbd, all the plugins works without problems and my computer is a pentium at 1600mhzs with a nvidia geforce2mx400. (i have the same problem with star wars rogue squadron)

OP
soylapolla

soylapolla

You'd say that star wars rougue squadron won't run, but, what about racer?? I wanna know if there's a specific graphic plugin to run star wars racer on pj64 or if its possible to run it in other emulator. THANKS;)

OP
soylapolla

soylapolla

PLEASE!! tell me! what system are you using??!! what plugins??!! whats different from my system????!!!!!! i don't understant it!!!!!!!!!!!:plain:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
soylapolla said:
PLEASE!! tell me! what system are you using??!! what plugins??!! whats different from my system????!!!!!! i don't understant it!!!!!!!!!!!:plain:
Sheesh, calm down!
Use Jabo's plugin with pj and the default settings and it should work.

OP
soylapolla

soylapolla

I think that i know what happens. Could be a problem with the rom? i used the goodwindows program with it and the new name of the rom is: Star Wars Episode 1 - Racer (U) [t1]
I don´t know what [t1] means but i think it needs (!) to work well. I´m right?????

Oravla

solution

soylapolla (curious nick), you are from spain, then i gonna answer your question in spanish:

Hay dos soluciones:

1. Consigue otra rom de episode 1 racer, puesto que la versión t1 no funciona con el PJ64, "t" significa que tiene un parche con algun tipo de traducción a algún idioma distinto al original, frecuentemente encontrado en páginas brasileras.

2. O, ve a www.smiff.clara.net a la sección utilidades para roms, de hay baja la utilidad de nombre Bad-to-Good_N64_ROMs_Patches (4 megas), este contiene muchos ips para parchar bad roms y convertirlo en good roms, busca el parche que dice Star Wars Episode I Racer (t1), y aplicaselo a tu rom con el programa ipswin, con esto retiraras la supuesta traducción y lograras que funcione en el PJ64. Atención esto tiene dos inconvenientes:

a) No se ven los menus, lo cual es un hecho conocido del plugin grafico.

b)se pierden los graficos que estan muy cerca de la pantalla, es decir en ciertos momentos no podras ver tu pod racer a menos que coloques la camara lo más lejos posible, pero en si el juego es totalmente jugable.

Oravla

sorry about the post in spanish

I don´t speak too much english, for this reason i answer his question in spanish, i recomended to him use the utility Bad to Good Rom Patches, he must apply the Star Wars Episode I racer Patch to his rom, with ipswin, if you do this, the rom will work in Pj64.

"t" is for a rom with translation Patch.

Sorry about my english.

OP
soylapolla

soylapolla

Thanks a lot Oravla, i didn't know what t1 means , also thanks for speak to me in spanish because i understand it much better.
My nick is very pretty, don't you think so??:D

OP
soylapolla

soylapolla

A lot of thanks :) , now it works, you were right it was fault of the language patch, so i fixed it.
:thumbsup: