What's new

Emulation64.com server back to normal

Martin

Administrator
Category: <b>Site</b><br><br>As I'm sure you've noticed (if you're a regular visitor anyway :p) the Emulation64.com server has suffered some downtime the last few days, meaning both Emu64 and EmuTalk among other hosted sites has been unavailable.

Before people start speculating, the server is completely fine and has not been hacked, it was simply unplugged by the server company and it took many phone calls, faxes and support tickets before it finally went online only a few minutes ago.

I appreciate your support, and I hope you understand that I have done everything I can the last few days (and haven't had much sleep, mind you) to get it online as quickly as possible. Thanks to zilmar for news post at www.pj64.net while it was down. :)

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
My favorite moment (well, it was horrible all of it actually, but this actually made me laugh out loud) was when I once again called support last night saying I called from Sweden.

Me: Hello, my name is Martin and I'm calling from Sweden. Do you speak english?
Support: Bla bla *german words* bla bla
Me: I'm sorry, I don't understand german.
Support: *More talk about bratwurst and whatnot, in german again*
Me: Ehh, english please?
Support: Nein! Raus! 9am

So I figured out he asked me to call at 9am today, all the english speaking staff had gone home or something. :p

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
My favorite moment (well, it was horrible all of it actually, but this actually made me laugh out loud) was when I once again called support last night saying I called from Sweden.

Me: Hello, my name is Martin and I'm calling from Sweden. Do you speak english?
Support: Bla bla *german words* bla bla
Me: I'm sorry, I don't understand german.
Support: *More talk about bratwurst and whatnot, in german again*
Me: Ehh, english please?
Support: Nein! Raus! 9am

So I figured out he asked me to call at 9am today, all the english speaking staff had gone home or something. :p

I've been living in Germany for more than 6 months and I can assure that this happens 80% of the time.

Of course, when you are in a shop they understand every word you say because they don't want to lose the chance of you buying something.

BTW, one friend of mine went to the Administration speaking decent German and the lady in the office didn't want the help her because "she didn't understand anything". Then, my friend tried in English and the lady didn't speak English. So, my friend tried to call her mother (who speaks quite good German) to deal with the lady and the lady refused because no cell-phones were allowed in there.

Oh! I forgot, also in McDonald's they don't speak English!!!

I'm SO glad of coming back to Spain!!

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
I've been living in Germany for more than 6 months and I can assure that this happens 80% of the time.

Of course, when you are in a shop they understand every word you say because they don't want to lose the chance of you buying something.

BTW, one friend of mine went to the Administration speaking decent German and the lady in the office didn't want the help her because "she didn't understand anything". Then, my friend tried in English and the lady didn't speak English. So, my friend tried to call her mother (who speaks quite good German) to deal with the lady and the lady refused because no cell-phones were allowed in there.

Oh! I forgot, also in McDonald's they don't speak English!!!

I'm SO glad of coming back to Spain!!

I remembered the same thing in Spain, nobody at McDonalds could speak english :crazy:. So I had to order food by pointing at pictures ;P

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
I remembered the same thing in Spain, nobody at McDonalds could speak english :crazy:. So I had to order food by pointing at pictures ;P

I know someone would point out something like this :p

In Spain not many people know English, but I'm sure they tried to understand you (normally Spanish people are quite friendly, specially with foreign people). In my case:
- In German I wanted "Salat nummer eins" (or something like that :blush:)
- I said in English "Salad number one" (with one finger in my hand) and he did not understand me!!

To sume up: in Spain there is "traditionally" more "uneducated" people than in Germany, where they are proud of being one of the most important and clever countries in the world (which, in fact they are). In Spain, one famous person (Miguel de Unamuno) said: "¡Que inventen ellos!" (Let them invent!)

Last edited:

Knuckles

Emutalk is like drug for some people, if they don't have their daily prescription, they are going crazy.

:p

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I know someone would point out something like this :p

In Spain not many people know English, but I'm sure they tried to understand you (normally Spanish people are quite friendly, specially with foreign people). In my case:
- In German I wanted "Salat nummer eins" (or something like that :blush:)
- I said in English "Salad number one" (with one finger in my hand) and he did not understand me!!

To sume up: in Spain there is "traditionally" more "uneducated" people than in Germany, where they are proud of being one of the most important and clever countries in the world (which, in fact they are). In Spain, one famous person (Miguel de Unamuno) said: "¡Que inventen ellos!" (Let them invent!)

They're just very proud of their language and refuse to believe it's not globally known like english is. :party:

Trotterwatch

Here in Sweden people are usually only too eager to speak English (from what I've found). Though I always try and speak Swedish though and generally do a good job with it.

A.I.

Banned
I'm from Austraya. I speak Austrayan. But I can talk proper English if I want to or Americanize it for y'all, y'know.

The only other language I know is giberish. Here's a sample: hfoihw fgo ijpoi wieroifjewa.

Translation: Where's the Men's Bathroom? :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Back online huh? for how long? This place is down every other day, you need a stable server.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Welcome Back Emutalk and /me guess's marty needs a good holiday after all this mayhem :p