What's new

First impressions

Merrick

I am bitterly disappointed that Chanka has been discontinued because it showed major promise.

It's nice anything is released at all, especially after we never heard anything about nullDC since those first few announcements.

The main reason I've been waiting for a DC emulator was to play all my favourite games at high res VGA with AA and AF. I would love actual GD-ROM iso support because I ripped all my games and keep the original 1GB ISOs.

It doesn't seem that Demul improves the graphics at all, when I set it at 1024x768 it just looks like 640x480 stretched to 1024x768 rather than Chanka which rendered at full resolution. I don't think AA/AF did anything either? This is disappointing, but I hope it will be changed soon. Ideally, I want to use 1280x960 (not 1280x1024, which is a stupid resolution). Full screen does nothing either, by the way?

Also, I can't use my DC pad which I am using through an adapter. Any time I configure a button, it automatically picks up my triggers which by default are on 255 and some pad configs interpret that as fully pressed up/down rather than at rest. I hope they can fix this!

So nice to have a new DC emulator to play with. :bouncy: But just looking forward to fulfilling my dream of playing Skies/Shenmue over again in high res glory.

JKKDARK

First of all, there were tested a lot of games with the nulldc beta (just check general emu, or ngemu).