What's new

Buzz and Waldog new Nintendo game...

Legend

Check out this link if you haven't heard, but this unreleased game is floating around. Look at the You tube video, it looks and plays like a super nes game. It looks awesome.

The only problem is it doesn't play on Jnes. I get a Mapper #12 unsupported error. Jabo, I'm not sure if you still dedicate time to this project but this would be a very nice addtion for the next build. Something to really talk about.

www.gamesetwatch.com/2007/02/lost_levels_unearths_buzz_wald_1.php

xamenus

It's just another unlicensed game, one of many for the NES. I don't think unlicensed games are high on the Jnes priority list, so I wouldn't expect Jabo to make a special exception for this game. But who knows?

By the way, it appears that this game is actually supposed to use mapper 156, not mapper 12.

OP
Legend

Legend

Well, it's not just another unreleased game. It's being regarded as THE BEST unlicensed game for the NES and if you watch the video, you'll see why. If there's gonna be an exception, this should be it!!:bouncy:

OP
Legend

Legend

Mednafen runs this game without any problems. And it is the best unlicensed game ever.

The only other one I found is FCE. But at least I got to play it. It's a pretty hard game so it's nice to have savestates. FCE doesn't have convient or stable states so maybe Mednafen is a better choice. Pretty tricky AI in this game, so watch out!!

smcd

Edit the iNES header as mentioned above (set mapper to 156, the file I have came with it set to 255...) and it will work in Nestopia too! Also if you don't like the infinite lives aspect, a code to change it is OTSOPPXX (courtesy of the lost levels forum)

OP
Legend

Legend

Sweet! I just switched completely over to Nestopia. Can't wait to try that tonite!

And given the difficulty of the game, I think I'll keep the infinite lives thing...:p