What's new

Rice's HiRez Texturing plugin <Developement> (DO NOT POST HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
New release, since the release candidates were quite stable.

Update 10 (Final):
Changes (some changes also apply to stable branch plugin)

Updated: Heavy GUI updates and tweaks, this includes removing the FB selection, for now..
Updated: Optimized file size, with no ill effects. This also holds true for the stable branch plugin, too.
Updated: Heavy refactorisation
Updated: Optimized installer size
Updated: Documentation
Updated: Direct3D screenshots are compressed in PNG (uses internal PNG compression routines)
Updated: Tagging on development plugin
Updated: Documentation (refactorisation)
Updated: Texture loading/dumping can now be enabled when "hide advanced options" is ticked (by request)
Updated: Updated INI configuration file (thanks to Iconoclast)
Updated: Hardware transformation and lighting is now a core requirement
New: A custom installer system based on NSIS
Debugger: Heavily updated and overhauled the debugger plugin. Involves major core restructuring, GUI updates, a massive reduction in file size, and now manages hi-res textures properly again. Also, no longer requires the Visual C++ 2005 runtimes as well. Enjoy!
Source: Updated to now compile with VC6 (VC6, ICC and the Processor Pack) . This means that builds compiled with this compiler no longer need additional runtimes apart from the DirectX/D3DX runtimes. However. SSE optimizations are unusable when this process of compilation is done.
Removed: Framebuffer selection (framebuffer emulation is incomplete)
Removed: Antialiasing/multisampling (doesnt work due to hardware limitations)
Removed: Software transformation and lighting
Removed: registry key cleaner (needs to be rewritten)

Also, theres a new download location for releases:
https://ricevideo.bountysource.com/
Source code is at: https://svn.bountysource.com/ricevideo/trunk/

Please note the "final" marking does not mean that development on these builds have ceased. I decided that the release candidates were going on long enough to warrant a new release.

Ciao. :plain:

Last edited:
OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
In other news, dtm has ported the plugin to MacOS and there will be work underway to continue work on the Linux port to update it too.

In addition, my new reg key nuker is up on the BountySource page.

Last edited:
OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
Okay, here’s a new release.

Okay, to elaborate on the releasing details.

I figured now, due to the updates, I think the new release warrants a new version number. This is because I beleive these builds I do are now release-grade and for public use, mainly due to me removing the last few of the bugs that where inherant to my builds. Now, graphics emulation quality is on par to Rice’s last final update, with the addition of the new features I added which are:

* Removed the requirement for BMGLib.
* Has a new registry key deleter
* Has a new installer
* Has a fully complete documentation and I did a lot of tweaking to the source.

So I figured I do a 6.1.2 release, just like how rabiddiety has picked up on NRage’s plugin.

Now then, the updates in this new release are:

Fixed: near Z errors in SM64, MK64
Fixed: many other small graphics bugs I forgotten.
Essentially, graphics quality is now the same as the official plugin, like it should be, so I recommend this plugin now over the official one. Which is why I bumped the version number up to 6.1.2, because I beleive all the new fixes warrant a new release.
Updated: Registry key remover tool
Updated: Documentation
Updated: SSE optimizations are back

I had other motivations for this new release, mainly due to my real life time starting to catch up to me. I’m starting to again head face-on with University life, so I figured I release this now, so the public don’t have to wait for a month till things for me in my personal world settle down.

So, in conclusion, again this release is unofficial and NOT endorsed by the official dev. That said, I hope you all find this useful in some form.

Ciao for now.

Link is at the usual spot.

OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
After a long haitus, here is the new Rice Video SVN page:
http://code.google.com/p/ricevideo/

Source code will be uploaded shortly, and I aim to get back into development again. Long story short, university has been busy, plus I now work on a GBA emulator project, as well as my own NES emulator, written purely for the sake of speed, not accuracy.
A dedicated forum for Rice Video stuff is also here:
http://vba-m.ngemu.com/forum/rice-video-f-51.html

Status
Not open for further replies.