What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

******* Retexturing

Kazangwa

I'm not currently working on a pack, but I have been recently learning how to make extremely detailed textures. I only have four examples right now, but I have very useful resources where I can learn to make more. If you guys like them, I could dump the textures of a game and see what I can do. Hope you like em'! Cheers :beer:

Rock
2yo510j.jpg

Rust
2wfs7ig.jpg

Water
3zladyh.jpg

Wood Grain
4hmo01j.jpg

OP
Kazangwa

Kazangwa

Thanks!

Here are some more textures that I did yesterday.

Fire1
2edpkdg.jpg

Fire2
2wrf8g3.jpg

Glass//Ice
2r6e810.jpg

Grass
49kyrfn.jpg

Hope you like them!

mudlord

Banned
Wow! I love the ice textures!

What sort of refraction did you use on them? Looks like you used a bit of specular lighting, but I'm not 100% sure....

OP
Kazangwa

Kazangwa

No lighting effects were used actually, the Filter>>Distort>>Glass has a lot of options. When you change the distortion to a value of 2, the glass effect becomes quite coherent, and if you change the pattern to blocks, it looks unbelievable. I was really happy with the result also :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
With the ******* I was expecting some rant about retexturing, dunno why, but it sounded like f***ing retexturing in my head... Nice ice textures.

Terranigma

With the ******* I was expecting some rant about retexturing, dunno why, but it sounded like f***ing retexturing in my head... Nice ice textures.

LOL, I was thinking the samething myself when I saw the title.

Very nice textures though.

OP
Kazangwa

Kazangwa

i liked everything except the grass texture

Yeah, I don't like it either. I think i'm going to find a new way to make that one.

BY THE WAY! For everyone to know, I have started to retexture Conker's Bad Fur Day, but I haven't gotten very far into it, and I don't know how much I will be able to do. I'm hoping that I could have some support from you guys, and maybe if you're feeling generous, some actual help on making and replacing textures. Thanks for all your support so far!

How's this grass texture?
48z02u8.jpg

Last edited:

macphisto

I don't mean to sound annoying or anything, but out of all those textures, only one is really tileable, and that's the rust texture. If the ice one is cut into even sqaures, that too could be tiled. I like he rock and rust one the most. When you're making these textures, be sure they have an even tone and pattern throughout, especially around the corners and edges. Uneven tones there make them look like seperate squares in-game.

Im Bored

lol@censors
Yeah. I'm having trouble finding a good way to make it.

I always found the easiest way for good results was to pre-render some grass on top of a plane. The best thing to do was to render the grass from above too, given that youve got to assume a viewpoint with these games.
Normally just create the ground texture, like, soil or something (grass has to go somewhere) then render the grass layer and stick the two layers together, and carry on rendering more grass of a different shade and length, to give it all more depth.

I normally just used Blender with the fiber script running but I know other 3D programs have hair and fiber shaders built in.

Edit: by the easiest way, I do of course just mean the method I found best. I know some people can actually paint grassy planes and so on, but im not so good with that...

But yeah, constant tone (for textures that are known to repeat) is preferable and maybe if they were made to repeat seamlessly? Thats almost half the fun i always found!

Last edited:
OP
Kazangwa

Kazangwa

I don't mean to sound annoying or anything, but out of all those textures, only one is really tileable, and that's the rust texture. If the ice one is cut into even sqaures, that too could be tiled. I like he rock and rust one the most. When you're making these textures, be sure they have an even tone and pattern throughout, especially around the corners and edges. Uneven tones there make them look like seperate squares in-game.

Thanks for the input. This is really my first try at a texture project, and I haven't had much experience. It's good to have input from a great texturer though!

the_Jesta

Yeah, I don't like it either. I think i'm going to find a new way to make that one.

BY THE WAY! For everyone to know, I have started to retexture Conker's Bad Fur Day, but I haven't gotten very far into it, and I don't know how much I will be able to do. I'm hoping that I could have some support from you guys, and maybe if you're feeling generous, some actual help on making and replacing textures. Thanks for all your support so far!

How's this grass texture?
48z02u8.jpg

I would add maybe a 0.2 pixel Gaussian blur to the texture, or possibly 90 degree motion blur across one pixel. The edges are just too harsh. You might even try the liquify filter to add some different directions to the blades.

OP
Kazangwa

Kazangwa

Alright, thanks.

By the way, I've been redoing some of the textures in Bad Fur Day. Not changing them necessarily, but simply distorting them with the built in cutout function in photoshop. It gives them sort of a simple look, making them look good. They looked incredible back when BFD was released, but now, they look almost like they tried hard to make it looks good with some parts still muddy. With everything a little flatter, this pack makes it look like Conker is actually drunk throughout the game. Once I finish I'll release it.

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I like your textures, but their not seamless, so they can't be used for retexturing.

OP
Kazangwa

Kazangwa

The rust and rock are, but yeah, I need to work on them. Most are just simply artsy fartsy pictures lol.:bouncy: