What's new

Perhaps moving the high res texture forum?

Toasty

Sony battery
I've noticed that sometimes new users don't know to go there when they want information on high res textures. IMHO, a sub-forum of 1964 isn't the most intuitive place for it, since any N64 emulator that supports Rice's plugin (and soon Jabo's) will, by extension, support high res textures. (I thought for sure I had read this suggestion somewhere before, but I can't seem to find any such thread in the suggestion forum, so I thought I'd post the idea here.)

Another thought that I had was that maybe there could be separate sections for discussion of high res textures, and another (maybe a sub-section of that) for projects. Might help keep some of the threads in there more organized, as project threads often get buried amongst other threads, and the project threads also tend to get very cluttered with help questions and other off-topic posts. Anyway, just my two cents. :flowers:

Cyberman

Nothing brings out more passionate debate than Hirez textures ;) :D

I've brought it up however consensus has yet to come about i think it is warrented myself. I guess maybe an actually regular user might give more impetuous toward it. :)

So you think
Hirez Tex Packs Developement? (actual texture pack threads in developement)
hirez Tex packs Help and Discusion? (HowTo use them etc. here)

Cyb

OP
Toasty

Toasty

Sony battery
Exactly! The help/discussion section would also be a good place for amateurs to ask questions and get advice if they're thinking about developing their own packs.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
This is a good point, one of the problems we are facing in our beta program is making texture pack development more visible I think this would help us in the long term and help users keep track of the texture packs themselves which are really what's valuable here anyway, the textures can be shuffled between emulators at the end of the day so I think we have to break the association between the two.