What's new

Game Won't Load...

jra64

When I go to File -> Run Ikaruga doesn't want to start. I've downloaded and tested 4 other Ikaruga images and all of them don't work. When I go to Config -> GD-ROM and point it to ANY drive (correct or incorrect) it does the same thing. It doesn't seem to be even detecting the game.

Any ideas? I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
J

jra64

I'm running Ikaruga from a mounted image... Does Demul support mounted images just like Chankast? It's an emulator for Christ's sake...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, since virutal drive software emulates a CD/DVD-ROM drive. Unlike chankast though, Demul has both a normal CD-ROM plugin as well as a CD image plugin that let's you use CD images files without mounting them first.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Use Daemon Tools v3.29 to mount the image. Other versions of Daemon Tools have problems with cdi images. Other applications (ie: Alcohol 120%) have problems with cdi images too.
If for some reason you can't install Daemon Tools v3.29 then you have to obtain another type of image (mdf/mds, ccd/img, nrg, whatever).

Alternatively, you can just use the Demul gdrImage plugin. This will save you the trouble since it supports any kind of cdi images.

Last edited: