What's new

Zelda MM Rice video plugin problem

elfarohmu

hi!
i have 2 problems, i use Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10 to enable HD textures but unfortunately with this plugin i can't open the bombers's journal anymore (bug) and the "pause menu" background is half pink & half black.
I tried to modify Video options but i failed. any suggestion?

pinkblackbomberssjournall3.jpg

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
you need to enable the framebuffer options (write back and redraw) and writeback with emulator

then turn on force buffer clear.

rice video isn't good for MM anyhow has it renders various textures incorrectly.

Iconoclast

Okay, just for future reference, four things:
  1. It's actually "Write Back & Reload." Just saying.
  2. You don't have to set it to Write Back & Reload to get the pause background to load. You can just set it to Basic Framebuffer, which is the least speed-costing option you can get away with that still renders the background when you press Start.
  3. You also need to use rendering to texture option in conjunction with frame buffer to get the background rendered when you pause. At least the Basic & Write Back option is required.
  4. It's best to not do this, because though it fixes the pause rendering, it also forces the plugin to attempt to emulate the motion blur effect, which slows down emulation to 5 FPS on my PC. It is just not worth it. The issue must be tolerated, unless you have a pretty fastass PC.

OP
elfarohmu

elfarohmu

you need to enable the framebuffer options (write back and redraw) and writeback with emulator
QUOTE]

hello!
> first, thank you for your answer :)
i have to be in "Game Default Options" or "Current Games Options" ?
i tried different things to enable Framebuffer in both (write back and reload...)but even if it is not pink anymore (black or brown/green) it is slow when i change my mask (for example);
and about the "Bombers's journal" (main problem), even if thanks to the "force buffer clear button" (enabled) i can open it, it shows a black screen nonetheless.

i'm not a supporter of Rice neither but it is the only way to get HD textures.

i paste that in case it could clarify things:
currentsn2.jpg

defautae7.jpg

sbritton81

hey, im new, very new. Im having the same issue with the bombers note book not opening. Im using that some rice video plugin, but im not using an HD texture pack. Personally i dont like the looks of it. Im using dipji pack i believe, not 100% sure. But is there another plugin i should be using instead? Thats really my only issue with the game. So if someone can point in the right direction, that would be great. Also i realize this thread is very old and probably dead. But ive searched everywhere and havent found an answer. Thanks in advance