What's new

Nemu not recognizing many ROMs.

thedude5000

Whereas PJ64 and 1964 recognize and run pretty much all of them.

7cd04e59.jpg

Only reason I'm using Nemu is so I can use Lemmy's plugin to extract models/textures..

Can someone help me here?

All ROMs dl'd from ....... btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iconoclast

You can still open the ROMs; it's just that Nemu64.ini doesn't recognize their internal ROM names. You can get an improved version of Nemu64's INI configuration file, which comes with the Glide64 package.

Iconoclast

Right....

When you get that Dr. Watson's message, where it says, "To see what this error report contains, click here," click the "click here." It'll tell you a bunch of stuff of what caused the issue. There should be a field telling you the module that crashed the emulator. What does the error information say at the top?

Clements

Lemmy's latest plugin needs a DirectX 8 compliant graphics card to run so that may be the problem.

Iconoclast

That's true, but if that were the case, then he would have gotten a preceeding error message telling him he needs to upgrade his version of DirectX. Though he never said he got this error message, it's very unlikely he did if he didn't say he did, imo.

The cause, for me, was the detection of the Nemu64/Plugin/TR64_OGL.DLL file. Now, I was not using this as my graphics plugin for Nemu64, but for some retarded reason, it crashed my emulator just for existing. By deleting the file, I got Nemu working.

I want to see if his emulator, PC, or a DLL module is the cause of this, and there's only one direct way to find out....

OP
T

thedude5000

No DirectX errors. My card is Direct X compatible, I believe I have Direct X 9.0c installed if I remember correctly.

Here's the error report:

AppName: nemu64.exe AppVer: 0.8.0.0 ModName: nemu64.exe
ModVer: 0.8.0.0 Offset: 0001f2b0

DLL lists:

Roms\Nemu64-
gs_dll.dll
LemD3D8.dll
kailleraclient.dll

Roms\Nemu64\Plugin-
audio.dll
debugger.dll
dialogs.dll
Input.dll
LemCombineDebugger.dll
profile.dll
LemD3D8.dll
Adaptoid_v1_0.dll
Jabo_DInput.dll
Jabo_Direct3D6.dll
Jabo_Direct3D8.dll
Jabo_Dsound.dll
No Sound.dll
NRage_DInput8_v2.dll
RSP.dll
Zilmar_Audio.dll

Thanks for the quick replies. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get these games runnig.

Sidebar: Can someone tell me if it's possible to convert PJ64 save files to Nemu64 format?

Iconoclast

If you're talking about save states, no. If you mean the native save files, well, Clements says that you can transfer them between emulators.

Try storing Nemu64 i, its own individual folder, where it only contains Nemu64's default plugins and no stuff from the other emulators. Did that work?