What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

LexLuthors "Super Mario Paint" (Super Mario 64 retexture)

LexLuthor

Hi, long time leecher.. first time poster... haha

Anyway, I really enjoyed using the texture packs on this site, and decided I would have a go at making one myself.

The only trouble is.. I have no skills in Photoshop (or otherwise).

Anyway, I assessed my options, and it became clear the only way to go was Microsoft Paint. Sure it looks like someone was sick all over the Mushroom Kingdom, but its the effort that counts.... right... ?

Well.. it been a day and two worth of Ms Paint action, and finally I can present you with this.

Mario 64 - The "I can use paint" version.

Enjoy.

(I advise you start a new game.. that way you will see the bulk of the textures)

Last edited:

Toxic Hobo

Oh man, this is a hilarious texture pack. Start out with something easy and move on to more difficult things is what I always say :p

OP
L

LexLuthor

Haha Im glad you like it..
I just changed a bit.. so I thought I would add this screenshot.

People can still download zip in the original message.. to get the full thing.

drag-5

:lol: I love it!
nice work dude!
I must have a crack at this myself at some point!
the most I ever did was adjust some texture colours....

I love the face on the castle! :)

Stezo2k

S-2K
I like the mario 8 bit textured walls, great idea. very cartoony/drawn look, tis different but i like it

OP
L

LexLuthor

Haha im glad people like it.. I dont know if I can be bothered to continue it though.. no one told me how freekin' long it takes.

I might do some more one day (if I get bored again)

Haha.. the Stalin picture was originally an image of Hitler (I felt some however people might take offense.. and I can see why). It didn't really come out all that well in the end.. I guess I would fix it if I did an update. Its just supposed to be stupid, there is no political message behind it. Haha.

If anyone else feels the urge to MS Paint some more Mario.. please feel free to add to the pack. I would be interested to see what other people paint.