What's new

Glide64 "Wonder ++" Released!

tekken1096

Emu X Haven Webmaster
It is my pleasure to advise everyone that Gonetz has released a new version of his n64 graphics plugin, Glide64!

Here's whats new :

-More then a year is passed since previous official release of Glide64. The project is still alive, but I don’t have much time to work on it. I made some improvements, nice but not revolutionary. It’s just another plus to the famous ‘Wonder’ version. Main results:

-Improvements in hardware frame buffer emulation for Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Mickey's Speedway USA
-Added support for highlighted objects in Perfect Dark. Added support for coronas in this game (requires software depth buffer rendering). Both features are very important for correct emulation. Now Glide64 emulates PerfectDark nearly perfect, only sky is still missing. Needless to say, that all frame buffer based effects work too (there are many of them in this game).
-Fixed combiners in several games.

-Hacktarux's glide wrapper was improved too, and its modifications can be named revolutionary. First of all, it now supports hardware frame buffer emulation! This feature was previously available for 3dfx users only, and now owners of Direct9X cards can enjoy it too. My thanks to mudlord, who helped us to solve several problems during testing of this feature. Note: OpenGL implementation of texture frame buffer is not as efficient as Glide3x one, and it requires much more video memory. Thus, at least 128mb Direct9x video card is required for hardware frame buffer emulation. Please run mudlord’s gltest.exe, placed in wrapper’s folder, to check compatibility of your video card with the wrapper. Second, Hacktarux fixed several old problems in the wrapper:

-fixed dithered alpha emulation on ATI cards
-fixed chromakey functions
-fixed Lens of Truth problem in Zelda MM
-added some missing combine modes

-You may also check mudlord’s unofficial builds of the wrapper in this thread. mudlord did some experimental speed improvements, so may be his builds will work for you better than official one.

You may visit the Glide64 homepage located here

Last edited: