What's new

Is it possible/does it exist?

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
An audio plugin that dumps the sounds files to a folder and/or has support for new sounds? I know this kind of thing would probably spawn a bunch of horrible versions of Zelda with emo music, but I had a great idea for re-doing the music (not in any specific style, just with more intricacy and stuff. I have to means, do not worry.)

Anyways, does such a plugin exist, or is the possibility conceivable?

EDIT: It seems this is a general board, and I forgot to mention I was looking for something for the n64.

Last edited:

Allnatural

Jabo's and Azimer's plugins will do simple wave dumps, but nothing will allow you to replace sounds.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It hasn't been done and it's hard, AFAIK. Getting the sound data out of the game and listening it outside the game is another matter though.

You'd have to know how the sound processor handles the sound data and then program your own music piece. And of course, you'd have to inject the music data back into the game without breaking the game.

Last edited:
OP
I

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
What I meant was something similar to Rice's Video Plugin, where the .midi is held in a separate file and when it attempts to load it in-game, it instead loads it from the separate folder. Please forgive me for my ignorance on the subject.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The problem is that the N64 has no sound chip. All audio is done in software, making it hard with such an approach unless the plugin can figure out how and when the software is trying to output audio.