What's new

DEmul v0.1

Borisz

Runs awesome on my end:
dcemuawesomenx5.png

Borisz

OK, I managed to get it working. Appearantly it wont run if you have gamepads attached, I had to remove them from the Control Panel to ever run the emulator.

This emulator is very slow (20-40 fps in Ikaruga on my Athlon X2 3800+ using Dynarec), has quite a lot of glitches, and sound support is heavily broken. So far, its nowhere near as useful as Chankast. It has potential though, so it may surpass Chankast if it gets updated frequently.

JKKDARK

OK, I managed to get it working. Appearantly it wont run if you have gamepads attached, I had to remove them from the Control Panel to ever run the emulator.

This emulator is very slow (20-40 fps in Ikaruga on my Athlon X2 3800+ using Dynarec), has quite a lot of glitches, and sound support is heavily broken. So far, its nowhere near as useful as Chankast. It has potential though, so it may surpass Chankast if it gets updated frequently.

It's slow? I get 50+ FPS with my stupid computer (athlong 64 3200+, X600XT).

Ploggy

It may be slow but it plays sonic 2 with hardly any graphic glitches.
Much less than chankast.
I can see this emu having a very bright future.:drool:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I agree with borisz that the emulator shows a lot of promise. The sound needs serious work. With Dynamic Recompiler enabled I'd say that the emulator runs as fast as Chankast.

Until the developers fix the sound, I'm sticking to Chankast though.

Borisz

I agree with borisz that the emulator shows a lot of promise. The sound needs serious work. With Dynamic Recompiler enabled I'd say that the emulator runs as fast as Chankast.

Uhm, Chankast runs at 100fps or more (in-game), this one cant even hit 60 outside the bios.

It's slow? I get 50+ FPS with my stupid computer (athlong 64 3200+, X600XT).
You have a much better videocard though.

User X

First of all, I congratulate the developers of DEmul to liven up to emulate the Dreamcast console. .
This first version obviously doesn't a wonder work ... but than emulator, of any other console in your first version, to worked good? Although he does not work well, but it is seen than this have a good nucleus.
Only we have to give him time to than one be doing making perfect, in order that DEmul be made one future big, like is it ePSXe, 1964, etc.

Only I give them a little tip to programming gentlemen, not hold Chankast 's error and allow the open source code...

Greetings and congratulations again.

revl8er

That Damn Good
If I recall, the pSX emulator worked pretty good on its first version. Most emulators dont work great with their first versions though, so if they keep this emulator going then it could be the best in the future.

Flash

Technomage
Is it run well ? Any gfx errors ? You need to tell us that! :):evil:

It runs quite well, but if you don't use ide-scsi you can't use real CDs, only images, you can't use joystick (only keyboard but it's not a Wine problem, it's emulator bug), and it's better to disable sound (in windows too :) )
Let's hope that DEmul won't be abandoned like Chankast.

Last edited: