What's new

DEmul v0.1

CaH4e3

Paddy wants to see sources to proof... ;) Nope, not this time. :) If you had try to recompile something disassembled, you had probably noticed that it is almost impossible if some data is "lost", even if your recompiled binary will executed it won't work... But full disassembling and converting into C source will take the one-two years of horrible work, same as writing emulator from scratch. ;)

fire_dragon

I use a 2 pad PSX to USB convertor and it works very well, no problems here, but I cannot plug in my old gameport Sidewinder pad, it will show the error.

enekomh

First of all, THANK YOU TEAM!!!
I've just tested Shenmue and it's working great!!! (Just posted some snaps on the screenshot thread).

By the way, have you planned including multi-core support? Now that they're expanding faster and faster games will take greater speed...

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Ryuran

The Overseer
First of all, THANK YOU TEAM!!!
I've just tested Shenmue and it's working great!!! (Just posted some snaps on the screenshot thread).

By the way, have you planned including multi-core support? Now that they're expanding faster and faster games will take greater speed...

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Judging by this first release, you won't need a multi-core CPU in order to play DC games in full speed :)

madprofessor

zito oi penses
Pad configuration Dialog can bind any button on keyboard or joypads to any desired action buttons. But you should realise, that "PORT" option in "Bios&Plugins" menu set up DC controller desired to be insterted to "console".

"Controller" it is generic DC PAD, use additional port options to set VMU/VMS memory or Rumble to desired Controller.
"Keyboard" option means you want to use DC Keyboard as controller and of course couldn't be used for many games as controller since it needn't binding it uses exact keyboard pressings as input...

hey hey
i was confused too with that one. so you are saying that we select controller there and then configure it. I thought I had to specify keyboard as an input source for the emu to handle as a controller =]

i didn't post anything though as i did set key binds afterall i think i unplugged my keaboard and after reattaching it just worked :borg:

it could be a bit confusing this part so thanks for clarifying that :)

wonderfull release congrats again!

enekomh

Judging by this first release, you won't need a multi-core CPU in order to play DC games in full speed :)
No, I guess that if you have a CPU greater than 2.00 ghz you should be able to play games pretty well. I mean this because mine is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ with two cores each working at 2.00 ghz and it only takes advantage of one of them.

masterchiefoo7

outtrigger works at close to full speed! im a very happy man! excellent emulator! you did what chankast couldnt!

please work on joystick support though, because i guess my joypads arent compatable.

sound would be cool too.

but great job! totally awesome! to me, it looks like the emulator is almost done, minus a few glitches

Ryuran

The Overseer
outtrigger works at close to full speed! im a very happy man! excellent emulator! you did what chankast couldnt!

please work on joystick support though, because i guess my joypads arent compatable.

sound would be cool too.

but great job! totally awesome! to me, it looks like the emulator is almost done, minus a few glitches

Just use a little program called JoyToKey :)

Borisz

Have a look at casini version 4 , it now has plugin support with added d3d, open gl and even 3dfx voodoo plugin driver dll ssupport and lots of other enhancments but it is still a hack of giri giri and will never do anything more than giri giri.And (chankast has a binary) as do all emulators AND windows programs for that matter.

cheers
The cassini plugin support was just an extra menu that didnt really do anything.

ChrisRetro

They really need to address the controller issue, as it's one those things that puts me off using the emulator. Some of us use our PCs as games machines, and it's simply not convenient to keep removing the driver from the CP. Other emulators can do it, and others do it well where they too use direct_input.

And, where are the authors ? Are they going to disappear, much like the Chankast authors ?

What we don't want is another fine group of authors, disappearing, and never posting again. DEmul, looks too promising for them to suddenly vanish.

Sol, comeon DEmul guys, throws us mortals a carrot or two :) :cheers:

Aftermath

Hey, I keep having a problem with the PAD Plugin not loading, so when I try to run DEmul, I just get an error saying that it can't load. Then when it goes to the Configuration page with the different plugin options and controller options, the PADplugin drop-down menu is always blank. I tried saving the plugins to different folders, onto the main drive, but nothing is working.

When I first downloaded and installed the program it worked, but after I was running it to just see what it was like, I couldn't get the buttons to do anything and it was just kind of 'there' on the music part of the DC menu. Any way to fix this?

Also, I checked and I have Directx9 and DirectInput configured on my computer, although I don't have any gaming devices connected.

FunKing

Propeller Arena

Hi all!

On the Compatibility List, "Propeller Arena" is spelled wrong (it's listed as "Properell Arena"). Not only that, it says it was an ECHELON release, and that it works. Actually, it was not released by Echelon, but by DCP / BDMS (Belokk, DCP, Megalexxx). And it won't run on my machine (even though it runs on my DC)... :-(

Anyone got it working? If so, could you share the details of your configuration, release, etc.?

Thanks! :)

CaH4e3

Yep, Megalex release, sorry, that "ECHELON" string in IP.BIN gets me mad. :)
1ST_READ.BIN
MD5: E26208686A90A006A51B51FE70F62B1E
Size: 2571400

It works fine for me on any config (gpuOGL, clock 128, DynaRec, gdrImage for example)...

FunKing

It works fine for me on any config (gpuOGL, clock 128, DynaRec, gdrImage for example)...
Thanks for the reply, CaH4e3! I have the same release (size and MD5), so I gave it another go. Now I understand better the problem: the emulator stops the game after some time and use a huge amount of swap. Using gdrImage instead of the gdrDemul at least let me play it for about a minute before it freeze (and until now, I didn't see the swap grow as before)...

[]s!

T-Kimura

firstly i'd like to thank the authors of this emulator..this emulator shows a lot of promise, it isn't as good as chankast yet but the potential is there. let's hope this project stays very active and one day we can at least get to a netplay point. i hope the developers work on the sound a bit, with the games i tried the sound is too garbled so i just disable it(i like the fact you can disable sound in this emu! also a plus.. chankast couldn't do that.)

Last edited:

dirtbox

I was hanging on for NullDC and this pops up!

It's a bit slow, but it's a great start! I'm glad you started working on it again.

Amazing work guys, big love.

ieswk

This emu is really good, the compatiblitly is great and the fps are REALLY good considering its a first version congrats team i look forward to your future releases

JKKDARK

Hi all!

On the Compatibility List, "Propeller Arena" is spelled wrong (it's listed as "Properell Arena"). Not only that, it says it was an ECHELON release, and that it works. Actually, it was not released by Echelon, but by DCP / BDMS (Belokk, DCP, Megalexxx). And it won't run on my machine (even though it runs on my DC)... :-(

Anyone got it working? If so, could you share the details of your configuration, release, etc.?

Thanks! :)

Right, it isn't by Echelon. And this game doesn't work on DEmul.