What's new

New Dolphin Memory Card Maker

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Here's a new version of Dolphin Memory card maker (GCI>Memcard_x.raw) which should actually work. Been working on it on and off and it's much more dynamic, should work. Note that I haven't tested it as I have no GCMs/ISOs.

What it does is allows you to download .GCI saves from say, gamefaqs, and convert them to usable Dolphin Memcards. Just open a .GCI in the program, and click "make dolphin memcard." From there, just overwrite (or make a new one, doesn't matter, though you'll eventually have to overwrite) your old memcard_a.raw or memcard_b.raw file, and run the game. Currently it only supports injecting on a per-file basis (as in, only one game per memcard_x file), but the next version will fix that. Keep in mind that the "data" folder is necessary, and that no other memcard_a.raw will work if placed here (so keep a backup!).

Future versions will be a bit more fancy, such as banner loading, game name recognition (to an extent.. internal names), etc.

Requires .NET framework 2.0.

Edit: Download removed.. undergoing a fix.

Edit 2: Error fixed, tested and works (tested with Wind Waker only, though it'll work with all others theoretically). Source (VB .NET.. uncommented, sorry), and binary are attached. :)

Edit 3: New version (0.2>0.3). Still haven't received any test reports.. from previous ones, so this is mainly just new features (comment, internal name, and disc serial detection). Also renamed the "data" folder to "dat" so that it can be placed in the same directory as dolphin without trouble. I changed some routines around a bit, so it may also be more accurate (still can't say, I'd be happy if someone would post a report ;)). These releases may seem stupid, but realize that I'm having to reverse engineer the whole GCN memory card layout from scratch (as Dolphin's are just RAW data), and these are just posted for people to test, and if they work, all the better.

To people who will test: test the app with Wind Waker saves first if possible, then others. If nothing works but Wind Waker, do this:

1) Load the game you're attempting to make a Dolphin save for, have it create a new memcard_a.raw (delete your old one in your dolphindir/data directory)

2) Replace the memcard_a.raw in the "dat" folder included with this program with the file dolphin just made

3) And finally, try the program again. If that works, let me know.

Attachments

• GCI to Dolphin 0.3.rar
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,512
  • GCI to Dolphin Memcard 0.3 Source.rar
    196.9 KB · Views: 1,784
Last edited by a moderator:

Sercio

This version is a lot easyer to use! Thanks alot...
I was only able to try resident evil 4 which wouldnt work. Got this screenshot--->

and here are some gamecube savegames (all in .gci format)
Gamecube saves

Last edited:

Sercio

no^^ but only not with resident evil :unsure:
Resident evil zero is PAL and my .gci savegame is PAL version ---> wont work

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Really odd, it should be working fine as it just simplifies the old hex editing method. I'll have it fixed up by tonight. :)

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Ahh, found the problem. GCI saves have some extra data tacked on the end which causes the savedata to be unreadable. I've found a pattern and semi-fixed the issue, just going to do a little bit more testing.

Last edited:

weerott

Hello, I am quite new in this whole Emulator-World. And my Dolphin keeps flashing this one message, that says I can't play the game( message later in my text, right now the introduction. So I have searched the internet for 2 weeks for the answer to my question, but little luck so far( actually No Luck what so ever :D) So Finnaly I found this forum( what I should have been doing the first place) and here I am ..walllaaaaa.... Well the question really is very simple and I would appreciate if anyone will answer it ( ou yeah, I used to SEARCH, but had little luck )

* So I open my Dolphin, Choose File----- Open
*Choose the game what is in GCM format--- then Dolphin says BOOTING.

And then comes the Error.... "Memory Card Slot A" " No Memory Card Found. Dragonball Z Data Needs 1 file &2 Blocks of Free Space in Memory Card"

From this error you can read, that I am trying to get Dragonball Z Budokai to work. I think this question has a very easy and a simple answer but I hope some of you will take the time to answer it...... Many many Thanks !

weerott

:plain: I am starting to have this feeling, that If I wish to play PS2 games on my PC and use Dolphin as the Emulator I actually need the PS2:king: Correct me if I am wrong... or do I need PS2 Bios also? Or is it possible to play without PS2 ?? So many questions so little answers...Because when I press Z ( should be something like A or START on PS2) it says to me and I QUOTE: If you Continue, The Game Will Not Autosave. OK ? Then there are two answers: *Continue without saving
*Retry
( Doesn't matter what I answer, it still tells me) Accessing Memory Card. Do Not Touch The Memory Card or the Memory Card... and then BOOM it is back to the first error :party: My computer is the coolest... so waiting for an answer although I am starting to get the picture... I think

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Dolphin isn't a PS2 emulator. Yes, for a PS2 emulator to work, you need the PS2 BIOS.

weerott

:D Thanks, but to tell the truth, I am not sure if it is a PS2 game or not.... :( that is my big dilemma.... it in GCM format and its size is 1.35 GB... so I have no idea what type of a game is it PS2 or Camecube... I am a moron :p And besides you look like a nice person and I do not wish to spam this topic no more so can we like talk by PM or something ( I am not sure how do send one) so we will save other readers nerves. If you are not the right person, who knows everything can you at least direct or guide me to one :D many thanks and waiting for you replay :p

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If it's in GCM format, it's fairly safe to assume that the game is a GameCube game. What game is it anyway?

weerott

:king: Yesss.... it is still a gamecube game :D wippiii... well the game that I have problems with is Dragonball Z Budokai ( first episode of those Budokais) so I will ask a few questions:

* Do I Need a Gamecube Memory card or what ever memory card to play this game on PC ? ( It should work on dolphin, because on the homepage of Dolphin there was a BLUE FLAG in front of DB Z Budokai. :drool:

* Is there a program or something that I have to download or buy or what ever to get my game working without those Errors of Memory Card Slot A and no 1&2 block of what ever :D slowly starting to lose my patience.

* And if there is, can you please help me... I tried to read something about this whole Memory card thing( what this topic is all about) but I just don't understand... I am not qualifeid to do so.... please help out a fellow member :party: Thanks

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Hi , i would like to know , now Zelda Twilight princess is out , if someone can make a save file for dolphin?

Viper Snake

I've tryed a lot of different gcis for RE4, Killer 7, and SA2B (even ones that I made), and they all appear to be corrupt according to dolphin. :(