What's new

(zelda oot) unicorn fountain does not exsist

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
no, its a common and well known fact that quick short movements contribute to the development of RSI then longer more drawn out movements.

this is why keyboards are a well known cause, as you don't need to move your wrists very much to move around the keys.

i don't need to have a wii to know that will be a problem for it, you've obviously never played a gameboy, have you.

the game has been raped, Twilight princess should have been the last GCN title and not the first WII release, the game has been ready for almost 12 months, while they were waiting for the crappy WII port to be ready, they have lost up to about a billion dollars by waiting to release it

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
How is a game raped with a better control scheme, its like saying me playing with a controller on my pc is raping my games... which is retarded. Lost a billion you say, not only did they add more dungeons to the game they also created anticipation, and that will make them billions.

Also, my hands don't get sore much when playing games or if at all, in any case while you're playing your gamecube version and struggling to aim your bow, All i'll have to do is point and shoot, your loss :D you're one of the types of people skeptical about the new controller, its not that new, you still hold it in two hands don't you?

its a common and well known fact that quick short movements contribute to the development of RSI then longer more drawn out movements.
Well mr self defeating argument, hate to break it to you but you are far less likely to have your wrists still with the wii's control scheme...

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

to properly hold the wiimote, you have to hold your wrist at a certain angle

parallel to the controller,

btw, have fun with your inaccurate control system, as you'll most likely miss every first time you take a shot at something and have alot of problems using the shield ram.

also btw, those dungeons, were not added in the last 12 months, they were already in the game, thats why it was delayed the first time

it was delayed twice, once in 2004 and the second in 2005, its the 2005 delay where they added the wii control and flipped everything.

oh btw, it no longer even fits into zelda history now, as the WII version has the entire maps flipped, for instance, Death mountain will now be on the left of the map, instead of the right, which is how the Zelda game is supposed to follow on from OoT

before you bullcrap about them not being in the same universe,.. you are mistaken,.. all the zelda games are in the same universe, just in different time points.

for instance, Adventure of link and the original game are positioned on the timeline, After wind waker, when Link and Zelda, find New Hyrule after you seal gannon away again.

this new... abomination... will no longer fit in anywhere.

im not the only person getting it on the GC for legacy sakes.. there are a great many, who are not impressed enough by the new controls that they will not compromise the legend, just for innovations sake.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Big deal, tiny differences don't bother me one bit, I love zelda but no so much that I care if something is on the left or the right - that's your problem. The majority of players will not be thinking like you - plus, the GC is massively limited control scheme, so your post is ironic as feck.

squall_leonhart

you are not a true zelda gamer then, you are nothing more then a gamer, who cares for nothing but beating a game.

there is more to zelda then just gameplay... Zelda is a legacy that you shouldn't tamper with, it is the game that practically created the Action-RPG

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Well, in any case, your choice, after all nintendo are releasing it for both of them. If i'm willing to shell out 200 for the wii just because of Zelda i'd say i'm a pretty big zelda fan, I guess you are at the fanboy level, i'm at the level where i'm not limited by choice because of things like 'its not on the left anymore'.

Oh i'm a Zelda gamer, I just don't care about the little things as much as you do, is that a crime? :) I'm more interested in enjoying the experience while finding out the story and solving the puzzles, I want some that I really struggle to solve [as in I spend hours thinking about it and running around like a lunatic] got none of that in Wind Waker, always satisfying to solve those.

If the changes are whats important to you, then you must really hate oot because it is so different from a link to the past, it isn't cartoony anymore... wind waker however is, so that must be a true zelda game because games aren't allowed to change.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

i have no problems with a link to the past, it was made for a 2d architecture, as was Legend of Zelda, and Adventure of Link

its not the graphics, its the fact i can no longer put the Wii version into the timeline as the entire map can no longer be founded onto OoT.

it doesn't matter what you play it on though, the game is still gunna frickin rock :D

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Problem is though, the next Zelda game will be built for right handed people so the Zelda timeline may be skewed from now on in your eyes.

One thing that I can agree with you on though, it will rock, nay... IT DOES ROCK, anyways its not on topic here so lets end this bickering and get back to whatever topic we were on here... oh yeah Unicorn Fountain, as extinct as the species itself, if it existed :p

squall_leonhart

aye, it did exist, and there are texture dumps and screenshots to prove it.

it was also originally shown in the original trailer (early beta)... there was also a point where link was standing near the triforce (also ripped out... likely to keep the story straight)

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
no, its a common and well known fact that quick short movements contribute to the development of RSI then longer more drawn out movements.

this is why keyboards are a well known cause, as you don't need to move your wrists very much to move around the keys.

Again, you post based on your own judgement and without sources. I guess you don't use keyboards because of that reason too. And of course I have used gameboys.

As for death mountain and other places located in different locations of the map, just remember where Kakariko Village, and Lake Hylia were located in "A Link to the Past". Your argument is just ridiculous...

A.I.

Banned
Can you play the Wiimote without the motion sensor, as in a ordinary controller?

On a unrelated note, Mitretank, I can't believe you changed your avatar yet again! You seem to change yours on a daily basis! :D

squall_leonhart

Again, you post based on your own judgement and without sources. I guess you don't use keyboards because of that reason too. And of course I have used gameboys.

As for death mountain and other places located in different locations of the map, just remember where Kakariko Village, and Lake Hylia were located in "A Link to the Past". Your argument is just ridiculous...

t0rek, ima tell you this once,..

stfu.

Causes of RSI

Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI) are a category of injuries involving damage to muscles, tendons and nerves caused by overuse or misuse. They most commonly affect the hands, wrists, elbows, arms, shoulders, back, or neck. Unlike strains and sprains, which usually result from a single incident (called acute trauma), repetitive strain injuries develop slowly over time; thus, they are also called Cumulative Trauma Disorders (CTDs). Other names for these injuries include Repetitive Stress Injury, Repetitive Motion Syndrome and Occupational Overuse Syndrome.
To understand the various repetitive strain injuries you need a basic understanding of how your body works.
Body movements are produced by contracting and relaxing muscles. The muscles are attached to bones by tendons. Tendons are smooth and in some parts of your body glide back and forth inside tubes called synovial sheaths. The sheath produces a lubricant called synovial fluid to help the tendons glide easily.
For example, the muscles in your forearm are used to move your fingers. They are attached to the finger bones by tendons in sheaths that travel through your wrist. The type of injury resulting from keying or mousing at a computer depends on whether the muscle, tendon, tendon sheath, or nerve tissue have been irritated or damaged.CTS results when the median nerve is compressed, either from the swelling of tendons and sheaths or from repeated bending of the wrist.
Any combination of the following factors can lead to the overuse of some part of your body.
  • Repetitive tasks: Small, rapid movements and/or tasks that are repeated over and over
  • Awkward or fixed postures: Working in an awkward position or holding the same position for a long time
  • Forceful movements: Using force or moving heavy loads to complete tasks
  • Insufficient rest time: No time to relax during the above activities
Some specific kinds of RSI are:
  • Tendinitis - the inflammation of tendons that occurs when muscles and tendons are repeatedly tensed. Symptoms may include pain and swelling. Eventually, the tendon becomes bumpy and fibers may fray. Or the tendon may thicken, making movement of the fingers, hands or arms difficult. Without sufficient time to heal, the tendon may be permanently weakened.
  • Tenosynovitis - the inflammation of the synovial sheath caused by repetitive motion. It usually occurs in the hands and wrists (although it can also occur in the legs, elbows and shoulders). This injury can be quite painful and tendon movement may become restricted due to the swelling of the sheath. If the sheath or tendon becomes scarred, tenosynovitis can cause permanent damage.
  • Ganglionic Cysts - another tendon sheath condition. The sheath swells up with synovial fluid and causes a bump under the skin, often on the wrist. Ganglionic cysts may be a symptom of tenosynovitis.
  • Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - one of the most potentially disabling RSI. Nine tendons for flexing your fingers, along with the median nerve, pass from the forearm to the hand through a passage in your wrist called the carpal tunnel. The tunnel is made up of bone and ligament (flexor retinaculum).
Other repetitive strain injuries to the upper body include De Quervian's Disease, Trigger Finger, Epicondylitis (tennis elbow), and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.

theres your source fool
RSI: Causes of RSI

squall_leonhart

aye, and if you remember, there are ruins below death mountain in ALTTP

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
squall_leonhart said:
Repetitive tasks: Small, rapid movements and/or tasks that are repeated over and over

You only proved my point newbie. Before you quote something, please read it well. According to that you can't play Mario Party games, typing, or let me see... playing any videogame

Thanks for giving me a source for proving your low IQ

I was asking for a source proving that use of the wiimote has very high risks of causing RSI, and I mean higher than using a keyboard or a gamecube controller for example. I guess you won't find them because you are basing that the wiimote has higher risks with your own opinion.

RTFM of your mice, keyboards and controllers. For years they already have warnings about that, so nothing new, I'm not injured...

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Can you play the Wiimote without the motion sensor, as in a ordinary controller?

If you mean NES games, then yes. Otherwise no. Motion is the key to the console. Some games may require the GC controller, though.

squall_leonhart

theres a classic control avalaible for Classic games, which resembles a SNES control.. except it has dual thumbsticks

squall_leonhart

You only proved my point newbie. Before you quote something, please read it well. According to that you can't play Mario Party games, typing, or let me see... playing any videogame

Thanks for giving me a source for proving your low IQ

I was asking for a source proving that use of the wiimote has very high risks of causing RSI, and I mean higher than using a keyboard or a gamecube controller for example. I guess you won't find them because you are basing that the wiimote has higher risks with your own opinion.

RTFM of your mice, keyboards and controllers. For years they already have warnings about that, so nothing new, I'm not injured...

btw.. im not a newbie.. i've been here almost as long as you have, except it was a different account at the time... which i forgot the password for so i restarted this year.. and would you look.. in only 11 months and im already going to overtake you in posts and user status for the first 2 years i was hardly active... yet i've still managed to catch up to you quite easily..

and btw.. only 1% of my posts are spam.. the majority is informative posts on how to fix peoples problems with emulation..

i also get pm's from people asking how to fix thier problems constantly.. (....i wish people would post thier messages in a thread first... its rude to pm someone straight away)

Last edited: