What's new

Free Programing Resources on the internet

Cyberman

This thread (Stickied) is too assist those who need to get a developement suite a compilor etc. for projects etc. They will be catagorized as follows in seperate postings.

Platform ( and or OS Specific) Compilor IDE and Developement links:
Win-32
Win-Vista
Linux
GameBoyAdvance
Nintendo64
Playstation
Playstation 2
PSP
Nintendo Dual Screen
Palm

Processor specific Compilor links:
ARM7/9/Thumb
Xc51
x86 MMX SSE SSE2 AMD64 ... IAx64 etc.

Language specific Links:
C++
C
Objective C
Delphi/Object Pascal
Prolog
LISP
Hascal
PERL
Java

Web Specific Links:
PHP
Javascript
Java

Database Links
SQL

Computer Graphics
Mesa
OpenGL

Simulators And Computer Archetecture
Hades

Documentation Management
Doxygen

Algorythms

This is a short list to posts in each catagory. Each section has a different post and is edited seperately with the appropriate titles. This thread may have very long posts as a result, so there will be Links to each section from the short list above. The short list above will/may/can change as well. Please do not back link to this thread from other boards/forums besides emulatalk.net, that would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is LOCKED, the reason is simple, if you have something you think should be added PM a moderator in this forum. This type of thread must be well organized and have as little unassociated noise as possible. The thread is for information, not conversation. Hence it is to be locked. Adding too it will be done by those people who can add to this thread (in other words moderators or administrators).

I hope people will find the information contained useful to whatever purposes (as long as they aren't illegal ;) ), they have.

Cyberman - aka Cyb

Last edited:
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Platform ( and or OS Specific) Compiler IDE and Development links

These are links to sites regarding Compilor/IDE tools for a specific platform/OS

Platform - A frame of reference or system with a specific API IE, Playstation or Win-32 OS.
Windows:
Dev C++
Turbo C++ Explorer
Code::Blocks

Linux
MinGW Developer Studio (C++)
Eclipse
Code::Blocks

Consoles
PS Developer Wiki

PS1 Development
PS2 Development
PS3 Development
PS4 Development
PS5 Development

Nintendo
NES (woo?)
SNES
N64
Gamecube(NONE) yes little if anything for the gamecube specifically was ... done
Wii(first real home brew for nintendo in eons!)
uWii
Switch

Nintendo Dual Screen
NDS Homebrew
devkitARM

GameBoy Advance
GBA Dev Org
ham <development library for GBA>

PlayStation Portable (PSP)
devkitPSP

Xbox (related)

Palm OS <OLD>
Access Developer Requires registration to get the various palm dev kits.

Various Embedded Processor Compilers
SDCC - Small Device C Compiler for every TINY processor this compiler delivers for c51 PIC Z80, wiki (think C compiler for Game Boy)
GCC for 68hc11-12 weird but this is used a lot in things you would never notice like car stereo's refrigerators carbonated beverage machines you name it. (Google Groups)
YAGARTO Yet Another Gnu ARm TOol Chain (or something like that)
OpenSTM32 (requires registration)
CCS (TI modified Eclipse for there processors this is now open)

Note Code Blocks Supports several development tool chains under Linux and windows. However it would require you to rebuild Code Blocks to the more recent development release to use them under Linux (windows supports already a few).

Last edited:
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Processor specific Compilor links

These are tools designed specifically for an instruction SET IE IAX86 IA64.. HSC12 ARM thumb etc.

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Web Specific Links

For Web Specific programing resources. IE PHP PERL Java Javascript

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Database Links

SQL (Sequel)
SQLite
Warning SQLite is not for new programmers don't try using it unless you have several days of time and have spent a fair amount of time in C and C++ programming.
SQLite Wrappers
C++ SQLite Wrappers (recommend ones at least)
SQLlite3x
sql3

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Computer Graphics

This is of and or relating to graphics in general or specific.

widgets (their is humor in this somewhere)
wxwidgets
wxPython
pyGObject

OpenGL Related
Mesa an OpenGL support library for many platforms.
OpenGL.org the base site for all things OpenGL

Engine Related
OGRE An open source Graphics Engine that can be used for games.

Game Related
GameDev.net a large site of game related programming information

Last edited:
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Simulators and Computer Archetecture

Hades

pycrc A Python CRC generator for C or other languages. (also performs checks)

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Free ROMs

These are ROMs that can be legally downloaded for free. Ideal for testing with new emulators.

ROMs - Zophar's Domain
An assortment of public domain ROMs for a variety of systems, including:

Last edited:

Stephen Morin

I would more like to find a textbook on Python and C ++, the recent projects and assignments that I've finished and the experience I gathered from experts in programming https://www.assignmentexpert.com/programming/computer-science-project definitely great, but I need more at all.

As I understand right, people often ask you to give links to useful websites, necessary information on programming, necessary programs, etc. Being at the very beginning of my knowledge, I myself went through this literally a half ago, having zero knowledge and I know how difficult it was to give myself an initial kick,

to understand something from the avalanche of information on the tutorials that search engines give out, when a lot of incomprehensible information drop on you..