What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

VinceC

mytry1.png

hows this?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the frame of the shield should all be the same colour,.. it shouldn't darken as any black smith will usually forge the item from one specific type of metal and then cast it so its all the same colour and lightness,... the only place where you should be modifying the contrast is the edges and under the eave of the frame to give the shield depth

Aurelian

Maverick Hunter
i think its pretty good, it goes from lighter to darker where the shield is pointing at the light. The only problem is that it's 25% light, 75% dark. which it probably needs to be 50/50. But otherwise, it gives the shield some nice depth.

VinceC

The frame isn't supposed to look like it changed color. Th top is supposed to be at a different angle then the bottom so the light would hit it differently.

Solo_Rex

The one and only
i think its pretty good, it goes from lighter to darker where the shield is pointing at the light. The only problem is that it's 25% light, 75% dark. which it probably needs to be 50/50. But otherwise, it gives the shield some nice depth.

Well from certain angles it could possibly look quite good, but from other angles it would just look plain wrong.

EDIT: VinceC's new one looks quite good, though.

zeldafan970

VinceC is right. The red hilted sword Link starts out with in Twilight Princess isn't the Master Sword...he gets it later in the game and its the same color it's always been. It's even purple in VinceC's signatures...

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

Indeed, the master sword has always been blue hilted :p

check
Legend of Zelda (NES)
ALTTP (SNES)
OoT (N64)
WindWaker (GCN)

squall_leonhart

but the Biggorons Sword should be left as is, its not a TP sword, in the first place, so why make it one?

neither is the Kokiri sword,.. anyway, i believe TP has 3 swords anyway?.. i can't confirm that at the moment.... 6 days :O