What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

DDRPIP

The One and Only
And use bark instead of what appears to be hardwood flooring. That shield don't look natural like that.

dude hardwood flooring is much clearer than that, I have hardwoods... but the fact stands it's blurry and needs to look more like bark or a brighter wood color.

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
dude hardwood flooring is much clearer than that, I have hardwoods... but the fact stands it's blurry and needs to look more like bark or a brighter wood color.

I have hardwood too, I was just using the first source that came to mind when i saw the wood he used. Wether it's hardwood or not is completely irrelevant seeing as how my point was that he should use bark instead.

Saisuke

which would be? maybe we can help.
No matter how many times I mess with the options, (I even reinstalled the plugins, and the PJ64) I keep getting errors in the textures, (All of them are normal in my hires folder, I even turned texture loading off,) and the textures are still showing up incorrectly. any help would be appreciated, lol

Saisuke

No matter how many times I mess with the options, (I even reinstalled the plugins, and the PJ64) I keep getting errors in the textures, (All of them are normal in my hires folder, I even turned texture loading off,) and the textures are still showing up incorrectly. any help would be appreciated, lol
It works now that I got the 1964 emu

M

MattiFS

It works now that I got the 1964 emu
I have that but i cant use it because it says there isn't a controller plugged in so i just use PJ64 but all the textures work.

Anyway, back on topic, if we're going full TP on OoT why don't we change the name's of places to their TP counterparts? (Eg. Kokiri Forest to Ordon Forest)

Oh and i've tried but i can't make the shield clearer or change the texture (without the logo thing getting destroyed) because I've lost the logo thing, sorry, oh and about the hardwood texture, i used that because A: its clear, and B: its a shield and hardwood is probably stronger than bark.

Last edited:

Saisuke

I have that but i cant use it because it says there isn't a controller plugged in so i just use PJ64 but all the textures work.

Anyway, back on topic, if we're going full TP on OoT why don't we change the name's of places to their TP counterparts? (Eg. Kokiri Forest to Ordon Forest)

Oh and i've tried but i can't make the shield clearer or change the texture (without the logo thing getting destroyed) because I've lost the logo thing, sorry, oh and about the hardwood texture, i used that because A: its clear, and B: its a shield and hardwood is probably stronger than bark.
We have one problem if we change the names, if they changed Kokiri to Ordon, they'd have to change what people say, like "Save the Kokiri" they'd have to change it to "save the ordonians" unless they leave that one part the same.

Oh, and I don't believe that the shield HAS to have a logo, so I just whipped this up.

shield.jpg

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
no markings make it look a bit weird, and btw we HAVE to make it the kokiri sheild like because we cant change the ingame shop one.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
We have one problem if we change the names, if they changed Kokiri to Ordon, they'd have to change what people say, like "Save the Kokiri" they'd have to change it to "save the ordonians" unless they leave that one part the same.

well I don't know if that's possible; you would have to have a rom hacking program to do that (IF it was possible).. I don't know anythig about rom hacking...

but the shield has a sort of spiral shape in the middle; it's originally a redish color

Saisuke

no markings make it look a bit weird, and btw we HAVE to make it the kokiri sheild like because we cant change the ingame shop one.
actually we can, but someone needs to dump the texture, and if not, I have no idea how to fix that. XD

M

MattiFS

well just cause they live in Ordon doesn't mean they cant have Kokiri sheilds, we could just say that thats the type of wood the shields made from.:shifty:

Saisuke

well I don't know if that's possible; you would have to have a rom hacking program to do that (IF it was possible).. I don't know anythig about rom hacking...

but the shield has a sort of spiral shape in the middle; it's originally a redish color

Well, I'll have a go at it, I just have a hard time getting shapes right, especially since tyhere's a BG with it. I'll work on it.

Driscol

sigh, im pretty sure that in the shop it is a model, e.g
thatisaMODEL.jpg

if anyone wants my opinion, then sickdeals is the best, just needs a tiny bit of editing.
Sheildegsample.png

Last edited:

Driscol

i suggest kiddy winkssz, and the ocasional splatter of paint, and btw, a beta wooden sheild texture for tp,
betawoodsheild.png