What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

eternalcold

Ahm, yes it would be possible but the project's goal is to provide textures to make zelda oot look like twilight princess. It's not the whole game that is going to be changed to tp. PLUS: even if you change the texture to ordon village... It's by far not that easy to change the ingame-texts to ordon-village too.

greets

I understand what you're saying but why change the in-game text? why not just the thing that pops up that says the name of the place. because i know those are pictures right? and i know its to make it look like TP but why not add that little extra ZING to it. i will be glad to do it once i teach myself how.

X-Fi6

I heard that you can use Hex Workshop to change the text--just look for the text you want to change and change it.

Only it has to be the exact same amount of characters as the original text.

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Scratch that, I got them working. Some of these could make for some cool packs, like Okami style or something
zedlass.png
Wow! I haven't been on in a while but WHAT is that plugin?! Is it publically released yet?

M[u]ddy

It's not a plugin, but a program for ati cards.
Since Catalyst 6.4 this effects, called SMARTSHADERs, are broken.

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Well, it sure looks nice! Also I read in some previous pages about a plugin that doubles polygon size (or something of that sort, made by Orkin I believe) is it released yet or not. BTW what happened to Orkin, did he die or something? I know he has a "real life" so don't go screaming at me for that, just curious.

mudlord

Banned
Wow! I haven't been on in a while but WHAT is that plugin?! Is it publically released yet?

.............:whistling

Also I read in some previous pages about a plugin that doubles polygon size (or something of that sort, made by Orkin I believe) is it released yet or not. BTW what happened to Orkin, did he die or something? I know he has a "real life" so don't go screaming at me for that, just curious.

Orkin's new plugin is not out yet...and I dunno what happened to him....

tailslol

hi it will be cool to make at the first post a pack ready to use with the better textures of the comunity ;)
i dont want to read the wole thread like fiderely one...
and i got a question for VinceC:
witch smart sader it is this cell shading style
i have try to find a good smart shader for oot cartoon style but they was too bad...
this one seems to be the best ;)
sorry for my english i usualy speek french ;)

edit: sorry i found it i think is it the Kuwahara 2pass outline from the contest?

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Nice pics, yeah, sorry I'm a newb.
its alright, I shouldn't have made my subtle hints....:( I should have knewn that they would be misinterpreted.

hi it will be cool to make at the first post a pack ready to use with the better textures of the comunity

Agreed. Thats mainly what irks me about texture projects sometimes, is that the links are often in inconspicious places....This is shaping up to be a great pack, BTW.

witch smart sader it is this cell shading style

Doesn't seem like a full cel shading one, seems more like a watercolour shader (but still looks pretty suave). But also, it would be nice to have a plugin which supports shaders, that supports them without being card-specific......

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
its alright, I shouldn't have made my subtle hints....:( I should have knewn that they would be misinterpreted.

Agreed. Thats mainly what irks me about texture projects sometimes, is that the links are often in inconspicious places....This is shaping up to be a great pack, BTW.

Doesn't seem like a full cel shading one, seems more like a watercolour shader (but still looks pretty suave). But also, it would be nice to have a plugin which supports shaders, that supports them without being card-specific......
Amen. Have you looked into that at all with Rice's plugin? Wikipedia has information on what some shaders do (bloom, cel), so reading articles on some of those shaders might be a good idea.

For example, bloom writes the image over itself or something like that?

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Hmmmm....I know that this just supposed to be re-texturing but does anyboody know any WORKING program I can use to edit music and other sounds in an N64 ROM? I've found a few but all of them either don't work at all or don't work with the OS that I have. (I have Windows XP)
Big fat no. It's been brought up numerous times. Search the forums.

mudlord

Banned
Amen. Have you looked into that at all with Rice's plugin? Wikipedia has information on what some shaders do (bloom, cel), so reading articles on some of those shaders might be a good idea.

For example, bloom writes the image over itself or something like that?

I'm definately looking into implementing this sort of functionality under Direct3D. And I did some research into different shader effects like bloom/pseudo HDR and proper cel shading, but more information regarding this shader techniques would be quite helpful, though.

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Since this IS a community pack I would love to help out... but... if you have seen any of my work you'd know I can't do a whole lot. (Please don't laugh) I use MS Paint, Photoshop Elements, and Photoshop 7.0 CE. Any tips you guys have for me? Like does it just come with practice, or what?

Masonspace

Hello, I'm new to this forum and this was the thread that has attracted me.
I've been fiddling with this stuff for a few weeks now and maybe you will
help me out with some things I've come up with.

First of all I've made a mouth

THELEGENDOFZELDA4F3DF82321_ci.jpg

I'm Currently working on the rest of them

Second I took the eyes uploaded by Sick deal waaay back there and made them blink

THELEGENDOFZELDA07A0898D21_ci.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA53A90E9121_ci.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDAC10DC5D421_ci.jpg

I'm working on making them look left and right

I've come up with two textures for his clothes but I havent gotten them to work right

Here They are:

upper Neck
THELEGENDOFZELDA898BC23321_ci.jpg

lower neck
THELEGENDOFZELDA561EC6A321_ci.jpg

Tell me what you think!

Edit: I don't use this one But its the Kokori/ordon Sheild

THELEGENDOFZELDA41B4A65F02_all.png

and in action

Screenies.jpg

Edit 2 : I did my own twist on the Hylian Shield

UnfinishedSheild.jpg

in Action

Screenies-1.jpg

Last edited:

tailslol

odd metal efect but realy acurate for zelda tp (the game is not realistic it is a mix with manga style and a litle of ico and shadow of the colossus style)

Masonspace

I'm in the process, which will take a long time, of numbering every texture.
Hopefullythis will make locating a texture waaaay easier in the future.

-Link-

Ah, well haven't posted in quite along time :p Anyways, I love this idea, I had this idea LONG before Twilight Princess was released, though I couldn't get textures and such, so I decided not to do it, but, I have a friend has been ripping model's from Twilight Princess and I asked if he could get most of the textures from it for me so I could post them for this project (I've been watching it for quite a while) so I should have them up maybe in 2-3 days, but it might not be a 100% guarentee, so if I don't have them in that time, please don't get mad or anything ^^; :p Anyways, love the project keep it up!