What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

Noglory

If you want TP textures, texture them yourself, and stop being a nagging brat.

word tha F*** up!

emufan b****s at people about asking how to do things and just being an a** but wtf has he done?

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Excuse me? 1st off, i was in kind of rough mood that day, sorry about that. 2nd, my whole point was that those done with their textures should release it, i wasn´t trying to be a jerk or anything...So calling me a "nagging brat" was a bit over the top, imo. I know perfectly well that there isn´t much to release, that´s what i said to begin with. Like that logo, it´s done, so why not release it? It is going in that direction eventually anyway, so what´s so wrong about that? And Noglory, i´m not sure what you´r doing, if you are defending me or anything, because what you said didn´t make much sense...

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
Excuse me? 1st off, i was in kind of rough mood that day, sorry about that. 2nd, my whole point was that those done with their textures should release it, i wasn´t trying to be a jerk or anything...So calling me a "nagging brat" was a bit over the top, imo. I know perfectly well that there isn´t much to release, that´s what i said to begin with. Like that logo, it´s done, so why not release it? It is going in that direction eventually anyway, so what´s so wrong about that? And Noglory, i´m not sure what you´r doing, if you are defending me or anything, because what you said didn´t make much sense...

I dont know what he's on about either.

We don't have enough to warrant a pack release.. We need around 20MB minimum to release a pack.

We're not gonig to release a pack just for the logo.
My inventory screen, etc are far from perfect and I want to redo them, and I'm sure others want a shot, and nobody is organising what actually goes into the pack and what doesn't.

I'm working on some item icons, but they're far from perfect too. Nobody has a Link model that actually looks like TP link (Hard to do, I know, but not impossible.. I'm taking a stab at it myself, the eyes are the worst part).

M[u]ddy

I finally found out what happened to the ATI SMARTSHADER.
It got broken and ATI removed it to prevent complaints from the users.
The last catalyst with working SMARTSHADER is 6.3.

VinceC

I dont know what he's on about either.

We don't have enough to warrant a pack release.. We need around 20MB minimum to release a pack.

We're not gonig to release a pack just for the logo.
My inventory screen, etc are far from perfect and I want to redo them, and I'm sure others want a shot, and nobody is organising what actually goes into the pack and what doesn't.

I'm working on some item icons, but they're far from perfect too. Nobody has a Link model that actually looks like TP link (Hard to do, I know, but not impossible.. I'm taking a stab at it myself, the eyes are the worst part).
I have the real TP link model, but its kinda useless. The textures are only one size up from oots, and are set up completely different.

Terranigma

Since you guys are able to implement Bloom Lighting... does that mean you could somehow increase the amount of polygons the N64 can pump out?

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Since you guys are able to implement Bloom Lighting... does that mean you could somehow increase the amount of polygons the N64 can pump out?
Yeah. It's possible to "smooth" polygons. Orkin was working on perfecting the method (which involved doubling the polygon count, therefor smoothing spherical objects and such) for his Direct64 plugin, but he vanished from the boards before releasing his project.

The loss of Orkin as a developer in the N64 emu community is a huge loss, in my opinion. He had worked out a way to apply true cell shading to games, as well.

It sure would be nice if someone picked up Rice's Plugin and added some of those sweet features.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
True enough. I could give it a shot, but I need to reinstall photoshop and all of that crud before I touch any of the textures. A tutorial or two for the program wouldn't hurt, either.

In summary, it'll be awhile before I can help out.

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
Shouldn't most of this discussion be in 'The New High Res Zelda Project' (or whatever,) seeing as it's a project that includes all the textures from this project and is still active?

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Nooo, it´s Federelli´s textures and others from his thread that is in the new hirez pack. None of the textures in this thread.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Apart from the HUD relocation codes, and possibly seeing how those shapes were added to the buttons, I did say I was working on the HUD myself.

This project seems to be running a bit into a brick wall. So, what we need are
- Character Texturers, faces, clothing etc.
- Natural Texturers, grass, wood etc.
- Effect Texturers, water splashes, dust, light beams etc.
- Architectural Texturers, stone work, walls, signs, man made elements etc.

If people could start posting samples of their prefered roles, then we could get some order here. Pick one kind of Texture, then do two samples and post the tiles and a screen if possible, and then we can compare people's work, and pick a couple of the most talented.

Once we have people picked, then we could start making lists of locations to be done, and we take it step by step. Its a big game, so it will take AGES, so lets not rush it, or you will all loose momentum, and give up.

I have access to TP Textures, if any are needed, when we start the texturing proper. I want to avoid using the textures outright, but they can be sent to the texturers for inspiration if need be, for example, Arbiter's Grounds Textures, can be used for ideas for Gerudo Fortress and Spirit Temple Textures. Etc.

Also could we perhaps move any plugin, bloom or polygon alteration talk to its own thread, as it is not wholely related to this project, and if we keep this only about re-texturing with rice's plugin, as that is best for most people, not requiring all the latest pixel shading and high-end systems.

Anyway, I hope we can start bringing some structure to this, now the start of project FREE 4 ALL has subsided.

Last edited:

Elratauru

Well...I'm back xD

Hi people, i'm back... and now i have a lot of free time xD... so...

I think i will try to do Architectural Textures... What do you think Mdta?
I will do some textures, and then i will post some to show what i can do...
Well... Let try our best ^^

Later guys.

EDIT: (45 minutes Later :p)

I do some work...

This is what I can do: Woods, rocks, and a lot of things, look at this examples (I can do another things of course, but i think i'm good at Architectal Textures):

I'm not very great doing textures, I know... but, well I think that help is always welcome, no?...

And here is a pic of my shields ^^

shieldsqx2.jpg

And...sry about my english... I speak spanish xDDD...

Last edited:

starfox5194

Gamecube Texture Distributer
i know i'm not working on this but..........

ATTENTION ALL PEOPLE PLEASE DON"T LET THIS PROJECT DIE
IT WAS AND IS MY FAVORITE ONE.................
PLEASE DONT LET IT DIE:(

Gladiac0190

Wouldnt it make more sense to make the kokiri shield look like the Ordon Shield from TP?

Also is it possible to change the names of the places? like change kokiri forest to Ordon Village and such, and the 2nd temple as a kid to the "Goron Mines" and stuff like that. Lost woods --> Faron Woods... etc.

Ahm, yes it would be possible but the project's goal is to provide textures to make zelda oot look like twilight princess. It's not the whole game that is going to be changed to tp. PLUS: even if you change the texture to ordon village... It's by far not that easy to change the ingame-texts to ordon-village too.

greets

RikuDawn

Riku
Hmmmm....I know that this just supposed to be re-texturing but does anyboody know any WORKING program I can use to edit music and other sounds in an N64 ROM? I've found a few but all of them either don't work at all or don't work with the OS that I have. (I have Windows XP)

Last edited: