What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

VinceC

heres a better pic
Tohud.png

Im Bored

lol@censors
for this project to really go anywhere near TP... shouldnt someone look for help getting a bloom lighting effect written for it? Itd help achieve the feel. And if someone would go through the area models changing the lighting on the vertices... thatd be the final attention to detail. But that latter is a lot of work.

edit: quick search got this;

http://www.emutalk.net/1964/25533-bloom-shader-effect.html?highlight=bloom
http://www.emutalk.net/1964/27892-bloom-effects-nvidia-cards-last.html?highlight=bloom

very interesting. Hopefully they work with Jabos new plugin or the Rice one atm (cant check)

Last edited:

M[u]ddy

I tried those shaders but they didnt work, I dont think my video card supports it.

It seams it's the newest ATI driver that don't support SMARTSHADER effects anymore. A few month ago it was still working for me, but now I realized that even the standard effects disappeared from the Catalyst Control Center.

Terranigma

Wait, are you guys saying that it's possible to get Bloom Lighting to work on an N64 game via emulation!? That's incredible! Even more incredible is that I was going to bring this up only to see someone already posted it.

Im Bored

lol@censors
It would seem that way but I havent gotten it working yet myself. I wanna get a new card! Does anyone know if those smartshader drivers are compatible with hi-rez texture plugins anyways?

M[u]ddy

It would seem that way but I havent gotten it working yet myself. I wanna get a new card! Does anyone know if those smartshader drivers are compatible with hi-rez texture plugins anyways?

It should work on any Radeon higher than 9500 and yes it worked on hi-rez texture plugins when running in OpenGL mode.

VinceC

Scratch that, I got them working. Some of these could make for some cool packs, like Okami style or something
zedlass.png

cooldude

I just want to figure out how to make new models for the game. If you go as far as that, someone might as well go and just convert the rom into a full blown PC game.

Im Bored

lol@censors
oh god

more packs? please god no! Id have thought Cel and hi res were enough, TP at a push if its done well. But yeah. There are other games...

Are there any decent style guides for TP or is everyone just working to their own specifications?

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
oh god

more packs? please god no! Id have thought Cel and hi res were enough, TP at a push if its done well. But yeah. There are other games...

Are there any decent style guides for TP or is everyone just working to their own specifications?
Speaking of packs, is anyone actually gonna release this stuff? Isn´t that one of the points with this community thing? All i see is pics, it´s really quite annoying...Some of this is done, like the logo. I don´t mean to be ungrateful, it all looks great, but give out the textures already, or don´t do them at all!

Last edited:

M[u]ddy

Scratch that, I got them working. Some of these could make for some cool packs, like Okami style or something

Three questions:
Which version of Catalyst did you use?
Did you use pssControl2 to apply the effects?
If you use a a quite new Catalyst and pssControl2, what is your "trick"?

Last edited:

VinceC

I dont know what version I have, but I used the psscontrol 2 to turn them on. And my video card is fairly new. (Diamond Stealth S120 - ATI Radeon 9550)

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
Speaking of packs, is anyone actually gonna RELEASE this stuff? Isn´t that one of the points with this COMMUNITY thing? All i see is pics, it´s really quite annoying...And don´t give me that work in progress crap. Some of this is done, like the logo. I don´t mean to be ungrateful, it all looks great, but give out the damn textures already, or don´t do them at all!

For a start, there isn't barely anything to release... Progress is slow all round because this project isn't organised... And there isn't anyone to decide what goes into the retexture pack, and what doesn't.. We're all making the same graphics and getting nowhere, fast.

If you want TP textures, texture them yourself, and stop being a nagging brat.

Noglory

its because N64 HighRez Text has no website..

what happen to Zelda MM, some people dont like it but it was a zelda none the less..