What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

VinceC

There is a way to get the C buttons to look the GC buttons if anyone wants to try it. It required a new GS code that would disable the circles but leave little triangles of the C buttons.
TPhud2.png

Im Bored

lol@censors
I made the various codes to move around interface items, but I didn't make the Wind Waker layout :p The post of the original author was lost when some of the mods thought it would be fun to delete a lot of posts from Djipi's Cel-shaded thread. :/

Interface Hacking Page

yeah it was me

but given that they were all your addys, It was pretty much your code.

Out of curiosity do you know where the Link model data is kept? I want to try remodelling him, but can never find his model data. All i need is a pointer to it, if you could help. No worries if not!

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
my question exactly, as I am working on the HUD, i should like to know how you got that working...

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Excellent, Hatrix! I can't wait to apply that GS code. Could you post the required bits to get the HUD looking like that?

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
There is a way to get the C buttons to look the GC buttons if anyone wants to try it. It required a new GS code that would disable the circles but leave little triangles of the C buttons.
TPhud2.png
I'm not sure if this is a reasonable suggestion, but wouldn't it be easier just to put in different shaped textures?

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
TPhud2.png

I'll have to recreate the code again, my PC crashed with 1964 running and it didnt save the code. I've still got the graphics though.

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
I redone the

I updated the graphics so they're more ZTP Gamecube stock.

I'll try get it working later again, for some reason it's totally messed up.

I also did the menus etc, still looking for one or two pieces. I number them so I know which goes on which page.

I've also started texturing the Temple of Time to be like the ancient ruin one from TP, but it looks crappy so I'll be redoing it.

Last edited:

enterthehatrix

Web Developer

Not as big as it was, for some reason it causes problems when it's too big, but I'll work on it, and get the positions sorted out.

Edit: figured out why, the graphics were a different size last time.

Last edited:

Im Bored

lol@censors

Not as big as it was, for some reason it causes problems when it's too big, but I'll work on it, and get the positions sorted out.

Edit: figured out why, the graphics were a different size last time.

hah. I think I know how youve done it. Quite clever.

Might wanna drop the saturation of that purple button. I dont know if its the hue used in TP as i havent got the game, it just seems a little bright.

But thats just nitpicking and might not even be correct.It looks pretty good man.

Concerning the glitch about it all going untextured etc etc, yeah, Ive had that before. Ive had similar in other games as well. Grin and bare it i guess, it never seems to be permanent.

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
Problem... I cant get the icon any bigger, and I think I'm using a different method since no items sit on top.. I'm using the A button this time since the others lighten out in other rooms, but no items will sit on top of it.

Alternate plans? Modify the Rupee icon and have that where we need it to be, larger.

Anyone know the size limit of the rupee through code, because it's not on that interface hacking page, only the locations.

Im Bored

lol@censors
try

Though I dont think itll work. I only used offsets to find that, as i dont have a memory viewer here. If i remember rightly there was no real set pattern to those areas. Still, worth a quick try.

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
try

Though I dont think itll work. I only used offsets to find that, as i dont have a memory viewer here. If i remember rightly there was no real set pattern to those areas. Still, worth a quick try.

Tried it, it doesn't allow me to expand the icon placeholder.
The icon gets bigger inside the box, but the box doesnt get bigger.

VinceC

bgs.png

Finished the master sword icon and biggoron sword icon and added glow around tunics and boots.

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
How did you do Link? I thought it was impossible to replace that...Anyway, it looks brilliant! enterthehatrix, i LOVE that HUD, i think the "Z" button is supposed to be more blue-ish, like in that comparison shot i posted.

VinceC

Link isn't a texture, its the Link model displayed in that pose. Its not that its impossible, its just that most peoples video cards don't render it right.

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
How did you do Link? I thought it was impossible to replace that...Anyway, it looks brilliant! enterthehatrix, i LOVE that HUD, i think the "Z" button is supposed to be more blue-ish, like in that comparison shot i posted.

The comparison shot you posted was piss poor quality anyway.

I started a start screen... Not like the Zelda TP one, but I did the best I could considering.