What's new

Japan PS3 launch. Only 80,000 units.

smcd

And since they killed lik-sang... imports are out of the question to help meet demands :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The PS3 is actually region free, yet they loathe imports. Why? Isn't that the whole reason why they're region locked?
Good work Sony. It looks like you've screwed up again. Next time, use proven technology that doesn't eat up your electric bill and crash every 2 seconds and which can be manufactured in reasonable amounts.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
It would be awesome to see a real global boycott of Sony for their obvious and constant issues. Until the public takes it upon themselves to force them to fix their ways they will simply continue to screw everyone.

Flash

Technomage
Yep, it will make boom right in your face :ph34r: Just like frag grenade.
I still remember mobile phone with faulty PSU - it was quite a bang, all i found
was small pieces of case and even smaller pieces of PCB, and one of them was inside big book, it got through 3cm of pages, that was really scary, just imagine it wasn't book but your head...

jpfunk82

Banned
Wake up and look

Would you people let it go,yes the ps3 has had problems,however there is no comparison between the two (go ahead and get mad) Watch the trailers for the releases on the ps3 and you know its beautiful,you know it's gonna be fun but you won't accept it will you,the truth is Bill crapped on you and ditched the original xbox and the 360 still can't surpass the ps2 in monthly sales of new consoles,let alone worry about competing on that level with the ps3,no more games for the xbox,the majority of 360 games are a joke(honestly people table tennis?!?)and the others I can buy for the ps2.The real 360 titles wont be around untill late this year and even then they'll seem pale and milked,that's all I hear from the fanboys halo halo halo,There's no fps that can stop it but is that all you want?And you have to buy a card reader and controller chargers?!?!And the lack of accessories is substantial e.g.card reader,wireless control charger,and how is it that guitar hero 2 has a wireless guitar for ps2 but 360 doesn't?How is that next gen?oooohhh oblivion rocks,yeah it rocks harder on my pc,these games are like are like a warm beer,it could've been good but there's no hope now.look -->

Amped 3 (2K Games)
LMAO
Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
beat it on ps2
Condemned (Sega)
crap
Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
i'll take dead
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)
great on my pc,slow on the 360
Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft)
don't get me started(almost 5 years old)
Full Auto (Sega)
paperweight
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (Ubisoft)
if you still play clancy titles,I give up
Gun (Activision)
OLD
Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)
ok
Madden NFL 06 (EA)
again on the ps2
NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
again
NHL 2K6 (2K Games)
again
The Outfit (THQ)
more wwII,and not as good as usual
Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft)
What's new?
Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)
ok
Quake 4 (Activision)
ok
Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
ok
Saints Row (THQ)
grand theft notto
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)
listen I can't take it anymore,say what you want but know what you see,just because there's more 360 consoles doesn't make it better and that's the only true advantage it's got, 360 is n00balicious

You know what made me post here, seeing how lame gears of war is gonna be,and seeing call of duty 3 on my baby's ps2,compare the two and try to be unbiased as you look,the 360 is all hype too people don't forget,now flame away

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You signed up just for that BS? The reason people badmouth the PS3 is because of the endless bad press -i'm yet to hear anything good about it - the PS3 isn't even more powerful than the xbox360 as you can see --> Here

If you think the PS3 is going to be any different for titles than what you posted you are seriously deluded. The xbox 360 will get all of the major titles the ps3 will get. Show me something good about the PS3 asides from Overpriced, useless bluray, impossible to get, late in europe, super expensive games and the very high probability of the console flopping. The xbox360 has already succeeded the PS3 is doomed.

Last edited:

Doomulation

What you fail to realize is that the PS2 outsells the Xbox 360 because a) it has a bigger library of games b) it's cheaper and c) the games are cheaper. Now go figure.
Saying the Xbox 360 sucks is stupid too, since you're judging it on the games. The console there may be nothing wrong with. It doesn't have the games, sure, but that doesn't make the console bad.
Furthermore, all the accessories doesn't make a console next-gen. It's funny... you sound like the typical Sony fan-person. They do nothing but blame Microsoft's console even though they have few or no facts.

Yes, we pretty much hate PS3 and I am willing to accept your arguments if they are valid. Prove that you can do a good argument and that you are not some stupid Sony fan-person.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
PS3, a risky move for Sony indeed:

- Expensive, hard to program, and uneeded cell processor, that can be defective and it won't never be really used at its full potential. Sony only it used to show a big phallus to the people

- Expensive blu-ray drive that is totally useless. A Sony fan boy will say: "but blu-ray is great for movies and we can watch them in our PS3". I would say that DVD support in the X-BOX, X-BOX 360 is fine because, that not makes the console uber expensive and they fully use it for games. The fan boy will keep saying "but a blu-ray disc is indeed needed to achieve good graphics" The answers is NO! Don't be an ignorant, this the third time I'm gonnna say this, blu ray will only allow the developers of games to say this "yaarrr we filled a 25 gb disc with fully uncompressed big textures and videos because we are very lazy to compress them and they look the same"

-Since are sealed inside the controller, you might need to pay for a service for battery replacement change.

-The console has their flaws, but you have to add Sony new "strategies" like charging you for every GTA HD car and track. Nothing stop them in the future for charging you for more characters in a fighting game (or in any game), more levels and more guns.

Well well...

Last edited:

Zoomer

What's the final number on units available to the US and Canada ? I heard like 400,000 to North America total. I live in Canada so I'm guessing we get like 10,000 at the most. And probably all in Vancouver or Toronto.

WhiteX

It is not even out and there´s already a patch.

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. will offer the first software update for its PlayStation 3 games console on Saturday simultaneously with the start of sales of the device. The firmware update will add support for the PlayStation Network online service and be offered as a free download. It will upgrade the software from version 1.0 to 1.1, SCEI said on Thursday. Users will be able to access the update from a menu item in the PlayStation 3.

In late November the company also plans to offer a firmware update for its PlayStation Portable (PSP) games device. The update will bump the firmware to version 3.0 and add PlayStation Network support. With the new firmware in both devices the PSP will be able to access contents stored on the PlayStation 3 via a wireless LAN connection using a system Sony has dubbed “Remote Play.” It will also make it possible to purchase and download PSP games content.

Canned games do not help the launch either...

NBA Live 07 has been cancelled for the PS3 altogether. We repeat. NBA Live 07 has been cancelled for the PS3 altogether. Instead, you can expect it to come out next season as NBA Live 08.

This was the official statement coming from EA representatives when asked by IGN about updates on the game. Says David Tinson, Public Relations Manager of EA Canada, “We are concentrating our efforts on creating a spectacular NBA Street: Homecourt [instead of porting NBA Live 07].”

Doomulation

Games will also require a certain firmware version. Thankfully, they come on a seperate disc, so you don't have to connect and download it.

jpfunk82

Banned
frustrated?

You signed up just for that BS? The reason people badmouth the PS3 is because of the endless bad press -i'm yet to hear anything good about it - the PS3 isn't even more powerful than the xbox360 as you can see --> Here

If you think the PS3 is going to be any different for titles than what you posted you are seriously deluded. The xbox 360 will get all of the major titles the ps3 will get. Show me something good about the PS3 asides from Overpriced, useless bluray, impossible to get, late in europe, super expensive games and the very high probability of the console flopping. The xbox360 has already succeeded the PS3 is doomed.

This reminds me so much of the ratchet jawing I endured for the original xbox release (wich sold far better than 360 @ it's launch) and the ps2 is still in the lead against all,you know the ps3 will do it again that's why you get so irritated and research the ps3 so much to try and find everything wrong with it, look the press has never been that friendly to sony long before the ps3 was a thought, but sony is my brand for much more than home media systems, microsoft doesn't care people, what's gonna happen when they ditch the 360 too because it's inevitable, microsoft ditches everything they make and treat you the consumer without respect.Sony can say what they want I don't care, my sony products have never let me down.It would seem to me that all the supposed 360 fans are on the web posting threads and surfing instead.Also you people say the games don't make the console bad?You need to rethink that on a couple of levels especially how you badmouth the ps3 on it's extras i.e. blue ray,motion detection, media editing/viewing software+browser,bluetooth etc.And yes the games do mean alot about the console and no the 360 will not share most of the exclusive titles of the ps3 and my ps2 + my computer is more than the 360 could ever offer me on any field.Blu-ray provides PS3 developers with much more storage space. Microsoft can tout highly advanced compression techniques all they want, but the extra space on the Blu-ray discs affords developers the opportunity to make their games more expansive and more detailed without having to worry about whether it will fit.Yeah the ps2 online experience was much like a dental appointment,the ps3's looks to be a vast improvement and completely free,the price didn't stop me at all,look at what you pay for good (even moderate) performing pc hardware and acceleration.When developers begin to really harness the ps3's full capabilities the games will live up to more than the hype,and my "impossible to get" ps3 is only a week away,just because you hear that is't hard to get and that there's not enough consoles means you can't get one?I did,and it didn't require camping out overnight for a reserve or worse,try harnessing some social skills for once and open up to your local eb games clerks and they'll take care of you like they did me.Trust me they can get you anything that comes through there if you talk to them.,I got it,and it'll work fantastic,then the ps2 goes to the car and the games keep coming.And I'm tired of people saying the games are expensive they're the same price as 360's $59.99.And who cares that GT is gonna charge the price of a car for the unlockables,that's not playstation's fault other race games are up to par with GT now so forget them,and xbox charges for alot of online content and access also.Another thing to clear up (not that any of you said this) the controller is going to cost $49.99 unlike what people may tell you.I'm done talking about this subject now, it's been going on for so long.The launch is here and I'm done with this.it will prove itself from here on out and when the ps3 is dominant worldwide everybody that did this when the first xbox was here will shut up again.That you can count on wether you want to or not.