What's new

Japan PS3 launch. Only 80,000 units.

BlueFalcon7

Sorry that's why I hate Sony. I don't like the electronic stuff (it was decent up until 10 years ago then it went like the Beta) they've produced they're batteries suffer from arogance (you have to be a snot to send out something like that... the year of the burning battery).

Not to mention that Sony claimed that it was just stray metals getting into the battery during production.

That, the root kits, The PSP homebrew vs. software updates, and the PS3 with horrid backwards compatibility, is enough. They should really go die. Nobody will miss them anyways. I mean, theres JBL, Bose, Toshiba, Philips, Samsung, Dell, HP, and Nintendo. All who will benefit from the death of Sony. Their products are just as good as Sony's. If not, better. Best of all, Billions of dollars worth of money back to the world.

Now all we have to do, is make everybody in the world like Doom, and scott :p

I am me

The one of one of planet one
o wow these people are very despreate for a huge chunk of plastic when they said "we will watch out for pals if they have there PS3 stolen" and than "you b****** you said you would watch out if my PS3 would be stolen" than "I said I would watch out for you not I won't steal your PS3" \:D/

Toasty

Sony battery
Did this already get posted? (Sorry if I'm repeating someone.) It seems the PS3 also doesn't like to play nice with certain HDTVs.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Oh yes, I read that... if a TV doesn't support 720p, but 1080i, then it still downscales to 480p. Good work, Sony!

smegforbrain

Well, the good news is that, unlike the days of old, folks can at least download patches now, rather than be stuck with the same machine with the same problems until the next version of the hardware gets released.

The last numbers I saw said about 200 games were problematic for backwards compatibility. There's a library of several thousand games for PSX and PS2, so odds are it's something most of us would only ever *maybe* run into once or twice. So, nothing to worry about there.

In general, I think Sony generally puts out a good product, but for farks sake, they've really found ways to compound problems in new and obscene methods lately, haven't they? :)