What's new

Sony are Devils: Lik-sang disappears

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
I love arguing with idiots who end up getting their own thread locked with their uncontrollable anger.

Oh yes... my. anger. is. over. whelming. me..... can't. control. the. rage. GWAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

Enough of your pety instigation tactics... stop being such a forum jerk or I'll tell my mom on you.

If you don't think Sony has anything to worry about, take a read:
Sony's Profits Take a Nosedive news from 1UP.com

Yeah, Sony took some major flakk for with the battery recall thing. I'm sure they weren't counting on that. Not only did they tarnish their name, but they had to replace a huge amount of batteries. Sony already has to deal with huge losses from the underpricing the PS3. The company is in some pretty bad shape. I'm hoping that they can rebound... PlayStation 3 has some major potential, but not without papa bear.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Heh, that was a joke anyways because I somehow managed to do that the other day without trying too hard (In general n64 forum) and thought to myself: "Wow i'm good".

As for PS3's potential, Sony seems to have done the best job possible to ensure its own defeat, What with high price of the damn thing, not enough for "Demand", Late arrival in europe, killing importers, expensive games that require you to pay for cars (GT HD).

PS3 is going to bomb. (As in, crash and burn).

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Word. I bought a PSP, because of the emulation, hacking, all that crap...I had to swap it 3 times, because of a crappy screen, dead pixels, even fried pixels, if you know what that is...I had the last one in my pocket, and the screen broke...And it was a WIDE pocket, i could fit a coke there...And when i explained that, i had to pay over 100 bucks to swap it...At least 75% of the price. So i was like, fuck them, and bought it somewhere else, and that works fine. Anyway, the morality of this story is, Sony sucks. The store i first bought it from, who works directly with Sony sucks.

The End.

WhiteX

WhiteX bought a Phat and Silver DS.
WhiteX can play games, emulators and nice apps like beup.
WhiteX never, ever, had a single trouble with his machine.
WhiteX is happy.
All Hail Nintendo!

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
WhiteX bought a Phat and Silver DS.
WhiteX can play games, emulators and nice apps like beup.
WhiteX never, ever, had a single trouble with his machine.
WhiteX is happy.
All Hail Nintendo!
I liked that last sentence right there, white X :bouncy:

Sony is so f***ing evil! Just for this, I'm boycotting any Sony brand products. By the way WhiteX is a very wise person for buying Nintendo stuff. I bet WhiteX sees the future or something....:bouncy:
Lol this is my 200th post and it's for pride :)

Cyberman

Yeah, Sony took some major flakk for with the battery recall thing. I'm sure they weren't counting on that. Not only did they tarnish their name, but they had to replace a huge amount of batteries. Sony already has to deal with huge losses from the underpricing the PS3. The company is in some pretty bad shape. I'm hoping that they can rebound... PlayStation 3 has some major potential, but not without papa bear.

To be blunt and too the point. Sony is evil because of Sony's method of operation. They are still making root kit toys (See Secure ROM), etc. Quite anoying small minded people. Now that's just partial opinion.

Let me give you the facts about Lithium ION batteries so you can get an idea of just how arogant and foolish Sony's battery 'mistake' was (it wasn't a mistake or acident it was done purposefully because they thought they could get away with it). I know quite a bit about these batteries since, I've been researching using them in industrial applications. 1) There is currently only 1 charge stable battery chemistry for Lithium ION cells, this includes the lithium polymer variants as well. Lithium polymer batteries are common but use a chemistry that is VERY temperature sensitive. The precision of a Lithium ION batteries charge cycle is quite a pain for dealing with. If you are familiar with Cobalt Oxilate IE CoO3 this is the ION commonly used in Li batteries. This decays at a temperature of roughly 110C. Why is that important? Because of spot temperatures on batteries this is very easy to attain. So the anode begins to DECAY releasing OXYGEN into a battery whose electrolyte for there battery chemistry is quite flamable. This is why you got that lovely BOOM problem with Sony batteries. Worse yet if you get a tiny bit started the WHOLE battery will go and CAN'T be extinguished. A small bit of "oh ship the damn thing anyways" thinking could burn someone's leg, catch an SUV on fire, blow up someone's laptop, or much more sinister minded things.

Not only is there chemistry choice utter fecal excrement it's just plain dangerous to the point of deadly. Mangnese is the next common choice MnO4 this decays at roughly 135 to 160C not much better but still safer. If they used FePO4 (iron phosphate) they would not have ANY of these problems, save the battery holds a bit less charge (5% - 10% less capacity) but charging and discharging the battery CAN'T cause it to catch fire or explode from free radical oxygen being released (it's decay temperature is 1300C). So ... there judgement is just plain foolish on the battery front. Please don't say 'they screwed up' because this information and knowledge is WIDELY avaiable to anyone with a bit of experience in the battery field and GOOGLE at there finger tips. They have no execuse and this is more of a criminal issue than an "oops" issue.

Cyb

BlueFalcon7

Sony must have had a reason (not necisarily a good reason) to use Cobalt Oxilate for their anode in the batterys. I cant beleive nobody caught it in development.

But either way, Sony didnt do their research, and now they are paying the price.

Last edited:
OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sony must have had a reason (not necisarily a good reason) to use Cobalt Oxilate for their anode in the batterys. I cant beleive nobody cought it in development.

Yes, either it is less expensive or it holds more charge. I doubt they didn't catch it; they made it on purpose and tried to get away with it.
Sony is not just evil, they're dangerous too. A hazard to us. Sheesh, what lengths are Sony willing to go? And I'm truly surprised that they don't get heavy blame for that DELIBROUS "mistake."

BlueFalcon7

Yes, either it is less expensive or it holds more charge. I doubt they didn't catch it; they made it on purpose and tried to get away with it.
Sony is not just evil, they're dangerous too. A hazard to us. Sheesh, what lengths are Sony willing to go? And I'm truly surprised that they don't get heavy blame for that DELIBROUS "mistake."
I Think Cyb said that Cobalt Oxilate did hold a better charge than Iron Phosphate. But not by much. Only about 10%.

Oh and doom, watch what you say about Sony, they are probably spying on you somehow with one of their root kits, and they might detonate your PS2 if you keep revealing their secrets that they dont want people to know :p

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
Sony are suffering from hubris, just as nintendo did in the ninties. Nintendo were able to survive because they still had their portable division keeping them afloat. From what I understand, Sony has put all of their eggs in the cell basket; their continued existence depends on the success or faliure of the PS3. Their other divisons are doing badly, and the games divison has been the backbone of the company for years.

So....An interesting few years ahead then. :)

I am me

The one of one of planet one
oh oh my turn my turn! :bounce: uhh this is going to sound dumb but here it goes also not 0000.01% acurate

Nintendo:whats my baby look like!!!!!

Doctor:......

Nintendo:whats my baby look like!!!!!

Man burst through the door!! and if you have seen the movie or if your smart well of course you are (Your all beautiful!) than you know what it looks like but still wonder how differnt the world would be without the Sony? or if this thing was rejected by another company? or if Nintendo had kept it :blink: :shock: actually I can't imagine!

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sony has not given this world anything. All their areas are also populated with other companies. Nintendo would lead the gaming market and other companies, such as samsung, or others, would take up the TV market, to name some...
We would be better off without Sony. They produce crap quality products nowadays. Nothing like before - when they actually were a good company with good products.

I am me

The one of one of planet one
If only sony foucused more on custumor satisfaction and not on the size of there wallet I bet the PS3 boxs will be filled with bricks or somethin

BlueFalcon7

Sony has not given this world anything. All their areas are also populated with other companies. Nintendo would lead the gaming market and other companies, such as samsung, or others, would take up the TV market, to name some...
We would be better off without Sony. They produce crap quality products nowadays. Nothing like before - when they actually were a good company with good products.
That is sony in a nutshell for you. Sony really needs to die.

Spread the word about all that they have done if you hate them, and maybe we can take them out of business. Im not joking either. I really think that Sony should die. Im with you doom :term: