What's new

PS3 pwns all

Status
Not open for further replies.

smcd

This thread is over 30 pages long by now and people are still arguing about stupid stuff. Can a mod please finish it off to stop such silly nonsense? Thanks.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Not really, Blu-Ray can read faster than 12x SL-DVD minimum speed and outperforms DL-DVD reading.
At this moment of time, the DVD drive of the Xbox 360 is faster than the blu-ray drive of the PS3.

Install? i said CACHE, theres a difference, it means once its loaded it doesnt have to load it off the dvd again, making ingame play smoother and more consistant, im sure you can live with the "60 seconds" if you dont have time for that, then you dont have time to play the game either, i suggest you go and do something constructive.
Oh yes, copy 1 gb of data to the HDD for faster loading, and then delete it and then copy it again... or maybe just let it lie there? That's an installation, friend. What happens when space run out? We all know that sony wants you to download all sorts of crap, like HD movies, music, etc, etc. It adds up pretty quickly (360 owners are already struggling with the small space available).

Well thats obvious TV's are a touch more expensive to buy than a disc reader of any sort, simply because its more electronics and more expensive to manufacture, so yes people wont all have HD-TV's now, but in a few years, im sure most people will have one or some means of down scaling.
That's then. Not now. So now, HD is mostly useless. And IMO adding HD capabilities to consoles is just plain stupid because it ups the price immensely and creates these stupid consoles with 3 x 3.2 GHz processors. I mean, they're not even game consoles anymore - they're PCs.

those that do install i imagine its just a portion of the base part of the game, music + video will probably still run off the blu-ray, which isnt exactly important to install, i can bet most games are padded out with HD footage and high quality music.
Textures / environments anyone? It still takes up about 5 GB due to the large textures and environments in the game. Let's do the math, shall we? 60 / 5 = 12. So. 12 games. Not counting any space from downloaded things like other games, movies, music, etc... hey, it's a multimedia machine after all!

Not really a suprise considering most of the games arent half as complex. You said yourself, the graphics arent much better "but it doesnt have to be to be a next gen console"
Says who? The most thing concerning the PS3 & 360 is that they've upped the graphics. And that's all! Sure, they program for 3 x 3.2 GHz processors (which lack import stuff like branch prediction), but there's not much else than that. Not only do the processors hurt performance...
The Revolution, like the Gamecube, will house technology designed to lower loading times. It even has the ability to cache data from the DVD so games can pre-buffer data to be loaded. No hdd crap.

heh, ive said that about consoles for years, how they are becomming more like PC's, but hey, what can you do, oh and im sure it isnt difficult to swap out the hard drive for a bigger one, im sure its already been done.
What we can do is stop relying on 360 & Sony, because they're taking us in that direction. Oh yes, you can swap drives, BUT... they're 2.5 inch drives and those aren't exactly great. There aren't so many big drives of that type. Oh and when all the space of that drive runs out, am I going to buy a new one and transfer everything to it and throw the old one away? Considering there's room for only one? I think I don't want to.

If its anything like the PS2, data will go in compressed in some lossless way, then be expanded when needed. But then i dont think the PS3 will suffer from it any more than the 360 does
Compressed textures does not need more space, hence BD is useless.

its an OPINION, this is a SONY THREAD, people in here WILL prefer the PS3 to the Wii, why cant you grasp that concept this thread isnt for people who only worship the Wii?
Oh, so saying the Revolution sucks here is okay, but saying the PS3 sucks is not allowed? This just a topic, not a dedicated one in any sort of way. Same goes for the Revolution thread.

erm, it was the slot loading mechanism, which is very generic you'll find, its not exclusive to BD and nor was it the mechanism which reads the BD. Your right what does it matter? why did you have to bring problems up again and again for the last 10 pages of this thread... yes why does it matter indeed its not like its being hypocritical if you say it, i mean, thats ok, right? The point is you point out the PS3's problems like they arent happening to anything else, when exactly the same problems are happening on the Wii, yet you are still just trying to argue the fact "Wii is better than the PS3" in a sony thread, why not just go do it in the Wii thread?
Point is, the "slot loading mechanism" is still PART of the BD drive, whether you want to admit it or not. The BD SPECIFIC parts were not faulty, but the drive ITSELF was faulty because slot loading mechanism didn't work properly. Hence, the BD drive was faulty.

I already told you im a sony fanboy, but seriously, how many 30 year olds do you see playing games like Mario sunshine? 5? 2? none? no i dont think there are any either, they prefer games like GTA, NFS, Manhunt, etc. and i didnt say ALL games werent Teen, i said MOST, jeez.

It doesn't change the facts. I like Nintendo games. I play Zelda, Metroid and Mario (though I agree Sunshine was pretty shabby) even though I'm pretty old.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This thread is over 30 pages long by now and people are still arguing about stupid stuff. Can a mod please finish it off to stop such silly nonsense? Thanks.
I agree, I joined in at first and maybe had a good arguement but i've tired of it, I simply do not care anymore, Sony and Nintendo are brands, why defend brands, are we THAT insecure of our choice we have to argue with others to be sure of what we want... Bottom line, if you want a PS3 then buy one, if you don't then don't, same goes for the Wii, quit bitching all of you.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
...And that is pretty much what General Plot does too.
And why do you suppose I did? You think it might be the very second this thread got started, you people (and I use that term loosely) jumped on it and took it upon yourselves to do everything you could to discredit and basically talk shit about a console somebody else liked (See post #3 of this thread here for example). And this started before I even got involved in here. So, since you were handing out misery, I figured you deserved a little mud on your white dress too. Afterall, if you're going to do shit like that, don't cry when someone returns the favor. Honestly Doom, you know what you remind me of?
1163095178214.jpg

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
And why do you suppose I did? You think it might be the very second this thread got started, you people (and I use that term loosely) jumped on it and took it upon yourselves to do everything you could to discredit and basically talk shit about a console somebody else liked (See post #3 of this thread here for example). And this started before I even got involved in here. So, since you were handing out misery, I figured you deserved a little mud on your white dress too. Afterall, if you're going to do shit like that, don't cry when someone returns the favor. Honestly Doom, you know what you remind me of?

Ha! That picture is so ugly.
You're defending PS3 and at the same time you spew out things to insult the Revolution. You had it coming methinks.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
Ha! That picture is so ugly.
You're defending PS3 and at the same time you spew out things to insult the Revolution. You had it coming methinks.
Be sure to read everything you quoted. I gave you back a little of the shit you've been spreading around to everyone else. Call it retaliation, I don't care. You had it coming.;) FYI, Sorry the picture is so ugly, but it's the best portrait of you I have.:rolleyes:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Attention To All Members

I agree, I joined in at first and maybe had a good arguement but i've tired of it, I simply do not care anymore, Sony and Nintendo are brands, why defend brands, are we THAT insecure of our choice we have to argue with others to be sure of what we want... Bottom line, if you want a PS3 then buy one, if you don't then don't, same goes for the Wii, quit bitching all of you.

Well I guess this post sums it up all nicely.

Because this thread is going nowhere I would love to see it being closed.

BUT because the moderators of this part of the forums seem to be inactive and I'm not a moderator for this part that won't happen anytime soon.

So that's why the following will apply:
- The next person posting in this thread can take a holiday of 7 days because you will get a temporary ban.

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.